Best Practices for Creating a Successful B2B Virtual Event
With B2B event marketing going virtual, the digital landscape is evolving rapidly.
In fact, a surge in virtual engagements is projected from 2020 onwards.
Therefore, driving customer engagement with highly-engaging virtual events will form an important part of your B2B marketing strategy.
In this article, we look at best practices to help you create and host a successful virtual event.
So, let’s get started!
How Do I Create a Successful B2B Virtual Event?
Identify Goals Before Forming a Strategy
Ask yourself the following questions before you formulate your event strategy:
- Will the event be live, on-demand, or both?
- What are the best times to host an event?
- Do I have a content marketing plan?
- How will I promote the event?
- How will I get my audience to register?
- Will I provide content access to attendees after the event?
- What KPIs will I track to measure event success?
Build Your Technical Capabilities
Selecting the right platform is critical to hosting a highly-engaging virtual event.
Here are important factors to keep in mind before you make the decision:
- A landing page to provide event-specific information to prospects and track sign-ups
- Scalability according to the size and structure of the event
- Capability for live event broadcasting to engage attendees with live polling, Q&A sessions, and multi-speaker sessions
- Capacity for effective attendee-speaker communication with group chat, messaging, and feedback mechanisms such as surveys
- Capability for timely troubleshooting in case of technical issues
- Analytics reporting ability such as real-time analytics for event insights relevant to your business, investors, and sponsors
Maximize Attendee Engagement
One of the factors that makes a virtual event successful is the extent to which you reach out to attendees and encourage them to engage.
A video conferencing platform can allow your attendees to chat and share ideas about proceedings even as the event is underway.
In addition to this, you can enable speakers to answer live questions put forth by event attendees.
Furthermore, you can host virtual networking sessions where your audience can chat with presenters.
Here’s what makes a B2B virtual event successful:
- A marketing strategy that enables you to achieve your goals
- Digital tools that help you with highly-effective messaging
- A highly-engaging video script to capture audience interest
Create your very own virtual event to attract a large audience, spark interest, and boost brand visibility.
Need help getting started?
Simply write to us at [email protected] and we’ll take it from there!