Optimizing the Use of Salesforce Service Cloud
When it comes to customer support solutions, Salesforce Service Cloud carries massive value. It helps customer service teams to deliver omnichannel customer support with its wide range of features clubbed with reports, dashboards, knowledgebase, and pre-built integration apps. The platform has built-in AI capabilities that automate service processes, streamline workflows, and bring the utmost efficiency to customer service operations. But if you do not take its full advantage, you will not only complicate the simplest of tasks but also expend more time and cost on your customer service operations. Gradually, it may impact your CSAT and NPS scores and also your brand perception.
So, let’s take a look at how you can optimize the use of Salesforce Service Cloud and what benefits it brings to your customer service teams:
Boost Agent Productivity Using Service Cloud Lightning Console
Agent productivity is vital to improving the level of customer service. When agents stay engaged in unproductive tasks, their efficiency to support customers gets impacted. Commonly, it is the endless navigation with several clicks to access records, manual copy-pasting of email signatures, message content, and internal notes coupled with other repetitive tasks such as field updates that impact agent productivity. Service Cloud Lightning Console not only makes these tasks easier but also goes beyond. Here’s how:
- The console helps manage multiple records on a single screen that reduces the clicking and scrolling time for agents.
- Agents can access accounts, contacts, and cases without switching their screens.
- With its Quick Text feature, the Service Cloud Console eliminates the need for repeated copy-pasting or retyping by inserting pre-defined messages such as greetings, short notes, social posts, and answers to common questions.
- With the Macros feature of Service Cloud Console, agents can get a predefined set of instructions on an open record with a single click.
- With the Quick Action feature of Service Cloud Console, quick action can be created for the most important tasks, helping agents log a call, update records, send emails, and more.
- Agents can use predefined email templates in Service Cloud. These email templates can also be inserted into Macros.
Streamline Omnichannel Experience Through a 360-degree View of the Customer
Today, customer journeys are omnichannel. A customer may browse a product on the company’s website, check out a demo in a physical store, and end up buying it through the company’s social media handle. To facilitate a seamless omnichannel experience, Service Cloud offers a 360-degree customer view that helps capture every interaction a customer has with the company across all channels like email, website, phone, social media, live chat, and more. Here are a few Service Cloud features that agents can use to serve customers on a channel of their choice:
- Web-to-case: Helps to create a form of case fields that customers can fill out and submit to agents from a website.
- Email-to-case: Automatically creates cases from emails received from customers.
- Call Center & Open CTI: Integrates Service Cloud with third-party CTI (Computer Telephony Integration) systems. Agents can view data for incoming calls, and make outgoing calls directly from the console.
- Self-Service Help Center: Allows customers to find answers, log cases, and update orders from self-service web portals on their own.
- Social Customer Service: Helpful in listening to customers on social media platforms, responding to them, and also logging cases.
- Chat & Embedded Service: Helpful to solve customer queries in real-time through webchat and deflect cases.
- Messaging: Helps connect with customers through SMS or Facebook Messenger.
Leverage Artificial Intelligence to Improve Customer Support
Salesforce Service Cloud comes with an in-built Artificial Intelligence (AI) engine, known as Service Cloud Einstein. Service Cloud Einstein offers a unique set of tools that facilitate faster resolutions. These tools include:
- Einstein Bots: These can handle simpler, routine requests to free up agents’ time and enable them to solve more complex issues.
- Einstein Classification Apps: These apps help agents to resolve cases quickly and accurately. Einstein Case Classification recommends and saves field values based on case data from the past.
- Einstein Article Recommendations: This feature enables agents to find relevant knowledge articles based on similar cases in the past, which equips them with the right information to solve customer queries. The recommendations show up in the Knowledge component of the Lightning Service Console.
- Einstein Reply Recommendations: This enables agents to quickly send messages while handling multiple chats. Recommendations appear in the Einstein Replies component of the Lightning Service Console.
Use Service Data to Uncover Insights with Various Reporting Features
To measure the performance and effectiveness of your service agents, it is crucial to analyze the right service metrics. Broadly, these metrics involve the time agents spend to resolve customer queries, CSAT scores, and NPS scores. However, at a granular level, these metrics keep evolving and are helpful to look at how your service operations are performing across a wide range of parameters like overall employee turnover, employee satisfaction levels, quality of customer relationships, and more. To solve this purpose, agents can utilize the reporting and analytics tools provided within the Salesforce Service Cloud and help them make more sense of their data. These tools include:
- Service Analytics App: It is an app that provides service managers and agents access to important KPIs from any device. It includes prebuilt queries, formulas, and ratios drawn from Service Cloud data and provides information in easy-to-read visualizations.
- Reports: Reports give access to Salesforce data through infinite combinations and display it in easy-to-understand formats.
- Dashboards: Dashboards help you identify changing business trends and measure the impact of their activities based on real-time data.
- Tableau CRM: It is a cloud-based platform to connect data from multiple sources to create interactive views of that data and distribute insights to business users.
- Einstein Discovery: It exposes relevant facts and themes in your data and generates unbiased answers and recommendations.
Salesforce Service Cloud is a treasure trove of features and tools that transforms your customer interactions by not only bringing their information on a single, unified platform but also by providing relevant reporting to help you focus on key metrics. By utilizing it to its utmost potential, Salesforce Service Cloud offers excellent assistance to your agents at every step and takes your customer service game a notch above.
Our seasoned Salesforce Consultants can make your customer service transcend to the next level with Service Cloud. To know more about our Salesforce services, just drop us a line at [email protected] and we will take it from there.