Track and Manage Customer Journey – The HubSpot Way
“The process of [customer journey] mapping uncovers the key customer moments that, once improved, will unlock a more compelling and more valuable overall experience.” – Adaptive Path, Guide to Experience Mapping.
“Customer experience” is the mantra for marketing success in 2022 and beyond.
According to a report by Salesforce, 80% of customers consider their experience with a brand to be as essential as its products[i].
To deliver customer experiences that strike a chord with customers, you’ve got to understand them first.
However, understanding customers can be challenging. Just when you think you’ve deciphered their wants and needs, along comes new technologies, channels, preferences, and buying trends.
Given that buyers are now in control of their journey, their path to a decision is not so much of a linear path from point A to point B but a tangled web.
There are multiple stops along the journey that can impact a buyer’s actions. Understanding the stops and its consequences on customer interactions enables brands to deliver experiences that customers expect.
And to understand the ABCs of customer experience, you need to create a customer journey map. But designing one is no easy feat.
HubSpot provides Customer Feedback Software that can help you map the customer journey. With it, you can get clarity on what your customers really think about your product and service.
In this article, we’ll decode what customer journey mapping is and its benefits. We will also touch base on how HubSpot’s Customer Feedback Software can help you map your customer journey, along with other awesome HubSpot tools to take your CX a notch up.
Understanding Customer Journey Mapping
A customer journey map is described as a visual representation of the customer’s journey (also called buyer’s journey) that helps you tell the story of your customer experience with your brand across all touchpoints.
With a customer journey map on your side, you can identify and understand the pain points and opportunities within your customers’ experience journey.
Benefits of a Customer Journey Map
Now that you’ve understood what a customer journey map is, here’s how it can take your customer experience game up a notch or two.
1. Identify Customers’ Pain Points: During your customer journey mapping, you can identify the communication or service gaps that are hindering your customer experience efforts. For instance, you may not have an instant chat feature on your website to help resolve customers queries quickly. Plug this gap by adding a chatbot, FAQs section, or a knowledge base page.
2. Analyze and Predict Customer Behavior: Customer journey map helps in analyzing the customer’s reaction/behavior at all stages or points of contact throughout the business process and this, in turn, helps in predicting the future behavior of the customer. It also provides you with the opportunity to proceed with the right approach.
3. Combat Team Silos: When different teams, especially customer-facing ones, work in isolation without a common goal and processes, it can impact your overall CX. A customer map can align multiple stakeholders and act as a North Star for teams to rely on.
4. Improve Customer Retention: Mapping your customer journey can enable you to map post-purchase experiences and understand ‘when’ and ‘why’ customers leave and ‘how’ to prevent recurring issues.
How HubSpot Makes it Easier to Map Customer Journey?
HubSpot’s Customer Feedback Software helps you map your customer journey and tells how your customers think about your business through custom surveys.
Here’s how this software can help you.
- Send your survey through an email or web link. And the best part, you can customize it. This way, you can easily share insights with your teams so that you can understand gap areas, strengthen customer relationships, and improve retention.
- Choose from pre-built Net Promoter Score (NPS), Customer Effort Score (CES), and customer satisfaction (CSAT) surveys to measure customer loyalty and satisfaction at every touchpoint. Measuring these metrics will help you identify at which stage of buyers’ journey they are. Then, you can run campaigns to nurture them accordingly and efficiently map their buyer’s journey.
- Track your feedback survey data with dashboards. When you see data in a visual format, it is easy for you to monitor your performance and take immediate action on those insights.
For instance, HubSpot’s free customer journey map template gives an outline for businesses to understand their customer experience. As you can see, it goes beyond the actual purchasing phase by incorporating questions (what is lead thinking, feeling, or doing). This map is an effective example of customer journey mapping, as it helps teams get into the minds of customers by understanding the questions and emotions they have.
Other HubSpot Tools That Make Customer Journey Mapping Easy
HubSpot also provides other tools that can help you in customer journey mapping. These are:
Live Chat: With HubSpot’s live chat option, you can engage in contextual, personalized customer service conversations with your customers in real-time on your website. This way, you can find the current status of your customers and revamp your marketing strategy. It will help you to provide more personalized customer experiences at every stage of their buyer’s journey.
Customer Service Metrics Calculator: With the help of this tool, you can easily calculate:
- Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT)
- Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC)
- Customer Lifetime Value (CLV)
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Customer Effort Score (CES)
- Customer Retention Rate
- Revenue Churn
- First Contact Resolution
- Average Ticket Time
These metrics will help you identify at which stage of buyers’ journey your customers are. This way, you can modify your customer experience strategy to provide stellar customer experiences at every touchpoint.
The Bottom Line
A customer journey map is the most effective way to know your customers, amplify your marketing efforts, and deliver stellar CX, only if you do it right. That’s where HubSpot’s Customer Feedback Software can be your true ally to capture feedback, share insights, build stronger relationships with your customers, and charter on the path to customer success.
If you’d like to talk about how you can map your customer journey with HubSpot or anything HubSpot, feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll take it from there!