Community Talks Ep 2: A Day in the Life of a Solo Community Manager
An online community is a big thing, and administering it single-handedly is never an easy task. Community managers need to plan the day’s projections, prioritize tasks, keep a check on queries, encourage conversations and engage in the community to run it efficiently and effectively.
In our podcast, A Day In the Life of a Solo Community Manager, we highlight the tips & tricks required to manage an online community.
- What motivates community managers to be more productive
- How to enhance your online community’s engagement rate
- Thoughts on community evolution in the last five years
- How to stay proactive and respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
- ARole of internal team bonding in an online community for a community manager
- What role does a product SME play in your community
- Tips for community managers to manage their daily activities
- How community managers can keep their community active and alive for a long time
- Role of a task manager to streamline the internal work mechanism
Senior Community Strategist & Community Builder
Lane Lee is the Senior Community Strategist at Zuora, Inc. She has helped build, launch, and manage Zuora’s community using Khoros. Lana has immense experience in building communities through Meetup, and volunteering and employing her technical acumen for non-profits organizations. She is an adept community professional and strategist focused on creating products and conversations that drive people to be better. Lana firmly believes that the best experiences are crafted by knowing who your audience is, listening to them, and developing an authentic and cohesive voice for your product, your company, and your community.
Senior Manager, Community Practice
John Summers is an accomplished, innovative, and goal-oriented professional with an extensive background in leading cutting-edge business transformation initiatives in marketing and community operations. He has repeatedly demonstrated his skills in the development and implementation of key strategies resulting in enhanced efficiency, effectiveness and community growth. He has a knack for providing transformational leadership to cross-functional teams. John is also recognized as a collaborative communicator capable of cultivating key relationships focused on promoting cohesive best practices and program excellence.