A/B testing is a method used to compare two versions of a specific application, web page, email, contact form, or content to find out which one performs better. It can prove to be a game-changer in creating a strategy for your marketing campaigns.
Why go for A/B testing?
It adds a scientific methodology to marketing and eliminates any guesswork. You can take decisions that are backed up by data and use them across a wide range of communications.
Get started with A/B Testing:
It’s fairly simple to get started with A/B testing. Though there are a few things that need to be kept in mind:
- Determine the KPIs of your business and set up criteria to define the success of marketing campaigns. For example, sales numbers, sign-ups, click-throughs etc.
- Don’t test more than two versions at a time! And, make sure to test them under ideal circumstances and find out which version fares better
- When testing a web page, use the primary version for control and the secondary version for testing purpose
- If you are not an expert, you can also use free tools like Google Analytics Content Experiments to get recommendations
Key benefits of using A/B testing:
A/B testing helps generate actionable data. By having a clear picture of every campaign’s performance, you can create a better strategy to reach your target audience. Here are a few ways how A/B testing helps in improving your marketing strategy:
- Better Content: With A/B testing you have the opportunity to evaluate every aspect of the content you create. As a result, your final versions are better and are able to bring in improved customer engagement.
- Better Conversions: Having multiple versions for your campaign helps you understand what works better. Proper testing backed up by efficient content can help you to convert more leads into buyers.
- Lower Bounce Rate: Optimize your web pages via A/B testing to get a winning combination of elements. Choose the option that keeps visitors engaged on your website and provides them value through content that further matures into a sale.
- Mitigate Risk: Making major changes to a website can have considerable costs. A/B testing helps you understand consumer behavior and improves your chance of success. It helps you avoid any potential risks by utilizing your resources to an optimal level. It increases ROI, improves short-term conversions and improves brand loyalty in the long run.
- Eliminate Guesswork: A/B testing eliminates guesswork and lets you choose a suitable layout combination for your website. For example, you run an e-commerce store and the cart abandonment rate ranges anywhere between 40%-75%. By identifying the reasons behind the abandonment, you can create a setup where maximum visitors can complete the purchase.
What is the right tool to get started with A/B testing?
There are multiple tools out there that you can use for A/B testing. However, if you are confused about which one is best suited for you, then take a look at this table below. It explains the capabilities of different tools in a detailed manner so that you can take a well-informed decision.
Want to create the perfect marketing strategy for your business?
Popular Blog Posts