Bad data – whether gathered, purchased or downloaded, costs companies billions every year in lost productivity and wasted resources. As per data.com, it costs $1 to verify every record, and this cost increases, as your data gets old.
What brings in Bad Data?
On an average, respondents use 3.4 sources to collect customer contact data.
- 73% of companies collect data from their website
- 60% collect data face-to-face from sales teams
- 54% collect data from call centers
- 47% of companies collect data via mobile websites or apps
Impact of Bad Data
How can you keep your database clean & convert it into robust lead database?
The Contact Washing Machine enriches your data, and makes it Consistent, Complete and Correct – the three pillars for data that give a nitro-boost to your campaigns across different touch points. There are two types of Contact Washing Machine – Semi-Automatic and Fully-Automatic:
Working of Semi-Automatic Contact Washing Machine
It just cleans & normalizes. It works in a three step process:
- Creates series of campaigns for passing leads through data filters
- Triggers when a lead is created, and pushes it through each campaign in a sequence, before sending it for lead scoring
- Batch runs old data through CWM campaigns for better results
Working of Fully-Automatic Contact Washing Machine
Built on the Alteryx platform, the Contact Washing Machine works in a three step process:
- Cleansing: In the first step, raw data is scrubbed against a set of predefined bad values for the fields, e.g. Name, Company Name, Email etc. The app then flags bad data and separates it from the good data stream.
- Normalization: This is consequent to the previous step, i.e. good data is normalized for standardization of values such as country, state, city, job title etc.
- Enrichment: In the last step, the normalized data is enriched with third party business database to help sales executives get extra information for qualifying and prioritizing their leads.
Comparison of Semi-Automatic and Fully-Automatic Contact Washing Machine
|Setup in Marketo Platform|
|Setup in Alteryx Platform|
|Integration with Marketing Automation Platform|
|Data Quality Assessment|
|Converting data in ready-to-use formats|
Contact Washing Machine can process as much as 200K records in less than a minute, using Alteryx’s fast data blending capabilities, which otherwise takes hours. The application is absolutely platform independent, and can be integrated with CRM systems like Salesforce.
Here’s A Contact Washing Machine Success Story
Alteryx the leader in advanced analytics, transformed its lead database, leveraging the power of the Contact Washing Machine. With CWM Alteryx was able to get:
- More than 200K clean records processed per minute
- Over 40% improvement in quality of the leads
- Upto 37% Increase in the Sales Productivity
- 25% improvement in accuracy for Sales Qualification and Prioritization
Want to leverage the Contact Washing Machine for Sales-Ready leads?
POPULAR BLOG POSTS