One thing that you may expect from your Drupal CMS is the ability to schedule and notify the blogs or posts at a given time. Unfortunately, Drupal does not support this functionality out of the box. However the same can be achieved with the help of Grazitti’s Drupal-Marketo Connector!
According to Emailmonday, 51% of companies are currently using marketing automation,more than half of B2B companies (58%) planning to adopt the technology.
In this blog post, we will discuss Notify and Schedule, the two most important functionalities to make your Drupal-Marketo integration work better.
While the former informs users about the recent blog posts on the site, the latter helps you schedule blog posts and emails through Marketo.
Notify Functionality of Drupal Marketo Connector:
When you install and configure the module on the Drupal Website, the features get integrated in the backend.
Here’s How it Works:
- Enter the fields: program name, status, category name, select subject type, header image, and header summary
- The notify feature is disabled by default, but you have the choice to enable or disable it manually
- Users also have an option to select the categories they wish to receive notifications on
- As soon as the admin creates a new post by selecting the category, it automatically sends a notification email to the subscriber through Marketo
Here is the template:
The best part of this feature is that you can customize the email template to any extent depending on your business requirement.
Schedule functionality On Drupal Website:
The functionality offers two key choices:
1. Manual Schedule
2. Automatic Schedule
While a manual schedule feature allows you to schedule the email digest and send it right away from Marketo, the automatic schedule shoot emails at the specified time on its own.
How Manual Scheduling Works:
- For manual schedule configuration: select your schedule, enter the program name, campaign name, and category type
- Select the blogs you want to send across
- Once done, enter the details in the subject, timezone, schedule time, header image, and header summary section
- In the last step, you get an option to preview your email to ascertain if it needs any modifications or if it is good to go
How Automatic Scheduling Works:
- To configure, check the automatic option under select your schedule section
- Fill in the program name, subject of the email, select the categories you want to target, number of posts to be sent, and the type of posts. For example, if you want to send the latest blogs published last month, it can be scheduled according to your requirements
- Once done with all the steps, save the schedule and it will automatically be sent to the listed subscribers
After complete setup and scheduling, this is how a newsletter looks:
The two functionalities in Grazitti’s Drupal-Marketo connector help reduce your workload, save time, and send multiple posts.
While Drupal can help you conduct marketing in a fairly efficient way, Marketo with its notify and schedule feature can automate the delivery of direct information to the right people in real-time.
Want to Know More About Our Drupal Services? Contact us.
Popular Blog Posts
How Grazitti’s Drupal-Marketo Connector Supports Notify and Schedule Functionality with Marketo on Drupal Website
Got a Query? Ask Away!
Thanks for reaching out to us. We will get in touch with you shortly.