There’s a wave of rapid web development and responsive designs with constant technological advancements. The inception of Tailwind CSS is a major contributor to this evolution and is being used worldwide.
Fluid designs and interactive styles incorporated in an application/website are critical to carve an impression on users. Sounds easy, but if not performed with caution, it can ruin the purpose of developing the application and hamper the overall user experience.
Thoughtfully-designed websites are sure to attract some eyes but the size of the application is also of critical importance. The larger the application is, the more emphasis has to be laid on the styles, which creates a lot of havoc and confusion in the later stages of development.
To combat this issue, CSS should be implemented in such a way that it minimizes effort whenever the size of an application increases. This can be efficiently achieved with the help of Tailwind CSS. Let’s dive into how.
What Exactly is Tailwind CSS?
As per official Tailwind CSS documentation, Tailwind CSS is a highly customizable, low-level CSS framework that allows you to custom-build designs eliminating opinionated component styles that you would anyway want to override.
Beautiful custom user interfaces can be effectively built using CSS without actually putting in much coding effort. Being a utility-first framework, Tailwind CSS renders the leverage of styling every component distinctively, the way you desire.
Adapting the “form follow function”, the name of the utility class predicts the exact function of that class for ease in designing. Tailwind combines the most critical CSS properties which can be customized and extended according to project requirements.
Why Use Tailwind CSS?
There’s a lot that goes on in web development. It can sometimes, thus, become an overly complicated task. Mapping the impact of styling might become tedious and time-consuming hampering the progress of the application/website.
Implementing Tailwind CSS will eliminate all the above-mentioned issues. Tailwind CSS creates small utilities with a defined set of options enabling easy integration of existing classes directly into the HTML code. Custom styling can be provided to the components with the help of this framework.
Advantages of Using Tailwind CSS
Now that you are familiar with the what and why of Tailwind CSS, let’s take a look at some of its most prominent advantages.
1. It is Highly Customizable: Tailwind CSS is a highly customizable framework. Although it comes with a default configuration, it is simple to override it with a tailwind.config.js file. The configuration file enables easy customization of color palettes, styling, spacing, themes, etc. Tailwind combines the perfect utilities that facilitate easy management of projects and derive maximum CSAT.
2. It Has Common Utility Patterns: Eliminate the hassle of naming classes with Tailwind CSS. The availability of common utility patterns solves numerous problems like specifying classes, organizing them, cascading them, and much more. Utility classes simplify the process of creating custom components. You do not need to hard-code with Tailwind CSS. You can apply the theme() function to extract values from the configuration files.
3. It Can Be Optimized Using PurgeCSS: A major advantage of Tailwind CSS is that optimization can be performed using PurgeCSS. PurgeCSS can reduce the file size considerably by scanning the HTML and removing unused classes. It is easy to set up PurgeCSS in combination with Tailwind CSS and is highly recommended to do so before deploying the site. As the size of the project grows, the size of the CSS file also increases. However, this does not happen when using Tailwind. The use of a standardized set of classes keeps the file size small as long as the project remains active.
4. It Enables Building Complex Responsive Layouts Freely: The Tailwind CSS framework uses a default mobile-first approach. The availability of utility classes makes it easier to build complex responsive layouts freely. Utility classes can be used across a variety of breakpoints conditionally which helps in building complex responsive layouts hassle-free.
5. It Facilitates Fluid Community Interaction: Stuck with an unsolvable issue? The Tailwind CSS community can be the perfect solution. Become a part of this community and get comprehensive assistance from fellow users as and when required. Find answers to all your CSS-related queries on-the-go and create exceptional applications/websites without any hurdle. The Tailwind CSS team offers quick solutions for the speedy resolution of issues.
Tailwind CSS has indeed created a buzz in this technology-first world. If your application size is very large, using Tailwind CSS can greatly benefit you. Increase the efficiency of your project by segmenting complex components and achieving maximum responsiveness. The pre-packed styling options will help you in making your website/application designs more interactive.
Need assistance with Tailwind CSS? Talk to us!
Popular Blog Posts
Got a Query? Ask Away!
Thanks for reaching out to us. We will get in touch with you shortly.