Clean and accurate data is the backbone of every business. This means data quality is an important attribute of success for any organization. And, duplicate data, on the contrary, has always been a cause of inefficiency and poor customer service. Being a prominent reason for inefficiency across CRM applications, it can affect your organization’s sales, support, and other operations.
But how does duplicate or bad data enter your Salesforce Org? Poor data migration processes, data transfer from external sources like web forms, lead lists, and more are some of the reasons that result in poor quality of data. And to make the best of your CRM applications, it is necessary to maintain clean and accurate data.
Improving data quality is not a challenging and time-consuming task. You just need the right solutions that can help cleanse your existing data in your Salesforce Org automatically. So, in this blog post, we will look at some of the best ways to maintain Salesforce data quality and also how you can avoid losses because of the poor quality of data.
What are Duplicate Records?
Any record that contains incorrect information, missing information, redundant data, or inconsistent data type can be defined as a duplicate. These records can impact the workflow, reports, automated processes, campaigns, and more within an organization. The effort, time, and money spent on CRM implementation goes in vain if the system comes across bad data. And, if not resolved on time, there can be major implications that can affect your business reputation.
Why Prevent Duplicates?
As they say, “prevention is always better than remediation”
Same is the case with poor data. Duplicate records in your Salesforce system can lead to –
- Inefficient sales and marketing
- Inaccurate reporting on data
- Low employee satisfaction
- Lack of collaboration and trust between teams
- Poor user experience
- Bad CRM adoption
How to Prevent Duplicate Records?
The lack of a proper standard data formatting or procedure is one of the biggest reasons for poor data quality.
So, how can you prevent duplicates and maintain the data quality?
Establishing data standards is the key factor to maintain it. However, data standardization is often overlooked and as a result, a lot of bad data enters your Salesforce Org. This means if your organization doesn’t have proper policies or standards by which data should enter your Salesforce CRM, duplicates of the same data will form quickly. And, the lack of standardization can result in missing data, duplicates, misleading or outdated information.
Here’s what you can do to standardize your data –
- Create a way you want your titles and fields to look to maintain the data standards
- Look for a way or procedure to handle inconsistent data
Additionally, normalization is another process where an external tool is used to standardize the existing data and also get rid of the existing data that is not standardized. This process will help in creating a neat and organized CRM for better data accessibility.
Most organizations run a deduplication process to get rid of the duplicate data in their system.
With data deduplication, you can –
- Prevent duplicate records from entering your Salesforce Org
- Eliminate existing duplicates
The Salesforce-native deduplication can help you get rid of the duplicate data easily. But, at the same time, it has certain limitations, such as –
- You need to manage individual duplicates manually both in Salesforce Classic and Lightning
- With a large number of customer records present, it can be challenging to review and find the hidden duplicates
- The oldest record will be selected as the master record automatically
- You cannot merge more than 3 records
- You cannot manage duplicates in Custom Objects
What is the Solution?
Now that you are well aware of the importance of managing the duplicates and the limitations of the Salesforce-native deduplication process, the next step is to find a solution.
So, how can you efficiently get rid of the duplicate data in Salesforce and also maintain the data quality?
Dupe Manager is a product built by Grazitti Interactive that not only helps you get rid of duplicates but also maintains data quality in your Salesforce Org, helping you steer clear of bad data easily.
Dupe Manager acts as a next-gen deduping solution for Salesforce. It gives you the ability to:
- Schedule deduping to check for duplicates
- Automate detection of duplicates
- Update field values across selected records
- Merge data of child records with the parent records
- Merge standard and custom Salesforce objects’ data based on defined rules
- Customize filter logic for deduping process and clean data
In this blog post, we looked at the importance of managing the duplicate data and how Dupe Manager can help prevent your data from becoming messy and polluted with duplicates. Apart from data cleansing, Dupe Manager ensures effective deduplication management, better user experience, and improved customer service.
Looking for an Advanced Deduping Solution? Talk to Us!
Popular Blog Posts