“Just having satisfied customers isn’t good enough anymore. If you really want a booming business, you have to create raving fans.” -Ken Blanchard
Customer support has always been a key driver of growth for any organization and thus makes for an integral part of a business’s overall processes.
To create superlative customer experiences, support reps have to consistently brainstorm and devise strategies. Also, offering quick-query resolution services is something that always tops their to-do list.
Customer support empowers brands to extract maximum CSAT and encourage repeat business. With that said, let’s now dive right into exploring what customer support is and the trends that will dominate 2021, shall we?
What is Customer Support?
Customer support refers to an array of services that you offer to your customers when they face a roadblock while using your product/service. It is a touchpoint between you and the users of your services.
With innovation at its peak, customer support can be combined with the latest tools and technology to deliver a personalized experience to customers and increase ROI.
The ultimate goal of a business is to win its user’s confidence and trust and this can be achieved effectively by communicating with them via support channels and addressing the issues spontaneously.
5 Customer Support Trends to Look Out For in 2021
The intent of customer support is to strike a personal conversation with the users to instill the feeling that they’re being heard. To meet customer expectations, you must adopt a proactive approach and respond to customers within a stipulated time period.
Here are 5 customer support trends that we think will dominate 2021.
1. Multi-Channel Support: With the support landscape evolving consistently and the ever-rising customer expectations, it has become essential for support teams to cover all possible channels of conversation. Support services are not limited to telephonic calls anymore. Going by the latest trends, support agents will widely use channels such as emails, video calls, social, customer communities, and live chat to resolve customer queries and entail a personalized experience.
2. Knowledge-Base for Case Deflection: The informed customers today root for quicker query resolution, better if they could resolve it themselves. Organizations can provide users with this opportunity by adopting knowledge-bases with access to articles, user-guides, video tutorials, and more. This trend will empower customer support agents to gauge information quickly, speeding the resolution rate, and empowering the users to navigate to useful resources. When users have the ability to resolve queries on their own, this reduces the time and effort of support reps, directly contributing to case deflection.
3. Machine Learning for CSAT: An emerging customer support trend, machine learning (ML), can be a great way for you to improve the overall experience of your customers. Offering support via applications powered by AI empowers you to minimize support costs and take the customer experience to the next level. Implementing ML in your business processes will help you identify customer needs almost instantly, address the issues, and increase CSAT.
4. Chatbots: Chatbots have been trending and have become the most anticipated form of delivering exceptional customer support. With chatbots, you can provide your customers with round the clock service, so they don’t have to wait to get technical queries addressed. Automated replies ensure that the customers get a prompt response even in the absence of a support executive.
5. Personalized Support: Personalization is an essential element that persuades the users of your products and services to remain loyal customers. It is an ideal way to engage with the customers better and learn about their preferences. You can start by addressing your customers by their names in emails, newsletters, and telephonic follow-ups like “Hey! John – Hope you’re having a great day”, to give your conversations a personal touch and improve the overall CX. You can also give your user’s the option to communicate in their preferred language. Delivering personalized customer support encourages consumers to stay associated with you in the long-run.
Focusing on customers and inventing strategies can become a key differentiator in achieving unmatched customer success. Remember, customers are the key assets that determine your company’s growth. Therefore, it is of utmost importance to develop long-lasting relationships with them to win their trust and loyalty.
Implement the above-mentioned customer support trends and gear up to make 2021 the year of customer success.
Level up your customer experience and write your customer success story. Talk to us!
Popular Blog Posts
3 Underlying Differences Between Lead Generation and Sales Prospecting
4 Types of Interactive Content That Makes Your Brand Memorable
Top 6 Content Marketing Challenges That B2B Companies Face
Top 5 Content Marketing Trends for 2020
Branding vs Marketing vs Advertising: Getting All Three Right
How to Measure Performance for a Successful Content Marketing Strategy