Improving conversions and generating sales is every eCommerce business owner’s dream.
But let’s face it: Most businesses have a hard time making it come true.
In fact, according to a report, only about 22% of businesses are satisfied with their conversion rates.
So, the question is – how can one optimize their eCommerce store for better conversions and sales?
Well, by the end of this blog post, you will not only be equipped with the answer but also actionable steps that you can implement right away to grow your eCommerce store.
Ready? Let’s jump right in.
How to Optimize Your eCommerce Store?
First thing first, optimizing your eCommerce store is not a straightforward journey. It’s an expedition involving various paths that you have to cover to reach your destination.
But the good news is, it’s not that hard.
If you strategize your moves and act accordingly, you can make it quite fast.
To help you out, we have compiled an eCommerce optimization checklist of 25 actionable tips covering the five vital areas (or stages) of your journey.
1. Leverage SEO
2. Optimize High Impact Pages
3. Build Credibility
4. Enhance Usability
5. Create User-Friendly Experiences
Let’s discuss each one in detail.
The SERP (Search Engine Results Page) rankings of your eCommerce website have a direct impact on your traffic and revenue. So, to increase its visibility, you must implement the best SEO practices.
1. Target the right niche keywords based on search volume, relevance, and location.
2. Aim for low competition keywords as they are easy to rank for.
3. Use tools like Google Keyword Planner and SEMrush to generate and refine your keywords list.
4. Insert keywords in ALT tags on your images and metadata.
5. Keep the meta title under 60 characters and meta description under 160 characters to avoid truncation.
Optimize High Impact Pages
High impact pages are the most visited pages of your website that include a homepage, product pages, and blog posts. Optimizing these pages helps increase return visits leading to higher conversions.
6. Create in-depth product descriptions with FAQs to help users with their queries.
7. Incorporate customer reviews to the pages as it’ll keep the content fresh and generate keywords naturally.
8. Set up rich snippets that include reviews, seller info, stock data, etc., to increase CTR (Click-Through Rate).
9. Keep out of stock pages live with an “email me when back in stock” option. The last thing you want your users to see is a 404 error page.
10. Crosslink your product categories that have a common theme. For example, if you have a page for helmets, link it with the gloves page as they are both protective equipment.
A customer’s reason for choosing one site over another for a purchase is not always the price. They have to trust you to part with their hard-earned money. Therefore, make building credibility your priority.
11. Create a good first impression with a fast, simple, and easy-to-navigate website.
12. Use trust signals like security seals, third-party reviews, and physical location on your site.
13. Invest in well-written copies and good-quality pictures that show off your products.
14. Offer educational material like help docs and how-to tutorials to help users better understand the products.
15. Be consistent with your brand communication and values to build trust over the long term.
If users can’t find it, they can’t buy it. This is a simple rule that eCommerce businesses should stick to. If you want users to click on your store and convert into customers, ensure that your website is well-organized and engaging for users.
16. Keep your website easy to scan and navigate to help users seek out products they like or might like in your store.
17. Aim for a page load speed under 2 seconds to prevent users from clicking away.
18. Optimize the website for all screen sizes to create an omnichannel experience.
19. Make the checkout process easier with plenty of payment options and secure guest checkout.
20. Use customized landing pages, voice search, and feature sections to personalize your website.
Create User-Friendly Experiences
You can optimize various elements of your eCommerce website, but it is the end-user experience that really matters. A happy customer is a repeat customer who over time turns into your ‘brand advocate’.
21. Enable predictive search and incorporate product typo on your search bar for effective search results.
22. Provide options to readily check delivery status, payment and shipment details, and return policies for customer satisfaction.
23. Use a live chat widget to answer user queries. This will also reduce your bounce rate.
24. Prioritize customer service and keep your contact information easily accessible to help users reach out to you.
25. Provide exclusive perks and irresistible customer loyalty programs to build brand loyalty and increase repeat customers.
No matter where you are in your eCommerce journey, you’ll find that these 25 actionable tips can have a deep impact on your business. By implementing these tips, you will not only be able to optimize your eCommerce store but also take a great leap forward in your journey to success.
Need Help Implementing Any of These Crucial Optimization Tips? Talk to Us.
Popular Blog Posts
Top 4 Tips to Build Your Email List For Your eCommerce Store
7 Ways to Improve Your eCommerce Website Performance
New to JAMstack? Here’s All You Need To Know
When Should You Upgrade to Shopify Plus?
Accelerated Mobile Pages – A must-have for your Website
3 Tips to Help you Scale Your eCommerce Business