Top 10 Ways to Boost Creativity in Design Process
“Be more creative!” said the client when they wanted to get a logo designed. Designers hear this at least once a day. While creativity comes naturally to some, it is not so easy for others.
The art of converting your fresh and imaginative ideas into reality is called creativity. It represents how you perceive the world, how well you can find hidden patterns in things around you and use them to create new designs to tell a story.
Design plays a huge role in promoting your products and services. Customers interact with creative designs and this has increased the demand for skilled designers.
How can you boost creativity?
Creativity in design is not restricted to a particular background. Today, you will find designers from all walks of life. While some would have developed their skills by going through a professional course, others did the same through self-learning.
Creativity will not be delivered to you overnight. It takes a lot of time, patience, nurturing and perseverance to become a creative designer.
But one thing is certain when you find the light at the end of the tunnel, creativity remains with you for life and your skills only get better with time.
Creativity is the very essence that is reflected in designs. In this blog post, we will take a look at some tips that can help you boost your creativity and improve the quality of your designs:
1. Start reading: Learning never stops and reading is one of the best ways to keep learning new things. Start following some design blogs and order some design books today.
2. Don’t be scared to fail: Remember, it is not a failure but a learning curve. It is natural to be afraid of rejection, but if you let this feeling dictate the course of your life, it will slow down your progress. Don’t panic under pressure and keep your eye on the ultimate goal. Take a leap of faith with your ideas and never stop thinking out-of-the-box.
3. Master the art of storytelling: Research and increase your knowledge about various design projects by reading the story behind them. By studying the evolution of a brand, you will develop storytelling skills in your designs too.
4. Become an active participant in communities: There are multiple online design communities. Join a few and interact in the forums. You will stay up to date about the latest trends and at the same time, you will be able to get constructive feedback from other members.
5. Start traveling: Experiencing different environments and locations inculcates several emotions in a creative person. Traveling boosts your creativity. Discovering new places, interacting with new people and learning about new cultures inculcates empathy and allows you to create designs that resonate with your audience.
6. Don’t stop experimenting: There can be multiple ways to approach a single design. Play with fonts, colors, and layouts. Understand color psychology to establish stronger emotional connections with the audience. Keep experimenting.
7. Create new combinations: Create new and interesting design patterns or graphic design artwork using a combination of your existing work. Remix different elements used in the past to create something new.
8. Keep a sketchbook handy: What will you do if an idea pops up in your mind? If you have a sketchbook, you can draw them or even note down the details. It is not a good idea to leave your thoughts hanging.
9. Create a dummy portfolio: Collect your best designs and organize them into a dummy portfolio. This can be done on a website or you can even use a free blogging platform.
10. Follow the right people: Instagram and Facebook are two of the most powerful mediums where designers and photographers share their work. Start following the best in the industry and take inspiration from their designs.
To Wrap Up
While lack of creativity can be detrimental for a designer, it can also become a key factor that sets their designs apart.
Develop the habit of learning proactively and put these lessons to practice every day. Practice makes perfect and with perseverance, you can become a leader in the world of graphic design.
Start your journey to creative success with the tips mentioned in this blog post today.
Know of any other tips that can help? Go ahead and mention them in the comments section below.
Transform your business with the best designs for your website and assets. Let’s get started.