Waiting to get your query resolved from a customer support agent?
We bet no!
Gone are the days when customers used to spend long hours waiting for their turn to chat with support personnel and get their questions answered.
The savvy customers of today wish to get instant support without having to waste much time. And to offer instant support, brands have to step up and take their support game a notch higher. Sounds like a tall order, doesn’t it?
This is where Salesforce Knowledge comes into the picture. When integrated with your online community, it becomes an effective solution to promote self-help by empowering your customers to navigate to relevant information in a snap!
Let’s demystify everything about Salesforce Knowledge and understand how it can take your community experience to the next level.
Salesforce Knowledge: The What & How
An extension of the Salesforce Service Cloud, Salesforce Knowledge enables you to create a comprehensive knowledge management system consisting of FAQs, articles, blogs, tutorials, and other help resources.
With Salesforce Knowledge in your corner, your customers also get the opportunity to answer queries and share their knowledge with other community members, building a knowledge-rich platform with ease.
Salesforce Knowledge gives you full control over where and what type of content you wish to publish. When integrated with your online community, your subject matter experts and experienced personnel get the opportunity to write articles, answer questions, and talk to the customers within the community.
Top Features of Salesforce Knowledge
Salesforce Knowledge is packed with many features to improve your community members’ experience and solve issues or answer questions of customers as well as internal employees, by using articles. Additionally, it allows your agents and customers to find the right answer quickly.
Here are some key features that make Salesforce Knowledge a powerful knowledge management system.
- Its optimized search helps your support agents quickly find articles while dealing with the customer query or issue.
- It enables you to refine search results with filters or data categories for an optimized search experience.
- It allows you to view each article’s title, summary, and content to modify and update the article.
- It enables you to control the visibility of articles at the profile or permission level.
- It provides you with reports to identify the most-read articles and get an insight into the most common issues faced by your customers.
- It gives you the flexibility to edit, create, publish, archive, or delete any articles.
Pro-Tips to Leverage Salesforce Knowledge for a Better Community Experience
Now that you have clarity on all that Salesforce Knowledge can help you with, let’s dive into some pro tips from our community and Salesforce aces on how you can use it right.
- Before implementing Salesforce Knowledge Base, ask yourself:
- Map your community articles with data categories so that when users search for articles by selecting the category, it will provide articles that associate only to the mapped category.
- Define the type of knowledge and elevate support experience in your community with Salesforce Knowledge. You can define each article type and set categories enabling your users to find the knowledge that they are looking for conveniently. But remember to set some rules and guidelines that your publishers will have to follow to define or categorize the content.
- Enable article feedback to improve the customer experience so that your community members can rate articles on a scale of 1 to 5 stars giving you a better understanding of your content quality.
– What are the number of article types you need?
– How do you want these published articles to appear?
– Who would have access to your knowledge base?
– Do you want the support articles on your community to be in multiple languages?
– Do you want your agents to find, create, and send articles?
– Do you want your community members to promote replies to articles?
Salesforce Knowledge is a powerful tool to manage all knowledge that resides within your online community. Your users can look for relevant information easily and resolve their queries on their own. The unique feature of the Salesforce Knowledge base is that your members can quickly navigate to articles and other resources using the data category feature.
Wish to Build Dynamic Salesforce Communities and Boost Business Value? Let’s talk!
Popular Blog Posts