Stephanie is the head of customer support in one of the most reputed project management software development companies based in San Francisco. The company serves more than 20,000 customers and continues to expand. On a typical working day, her team receives up to 120 cases via various mediums (email and support community) but almost 70-75% of these are received via email. The number of cases, however, increases by 100% post any product version release.
Stephanie’s team uses the Salesforce Service Cloud for end-to-end case management. The support agents were leveraging ‘Email-to-Case’ functionality that automatically converts incoming emails on the support email address into the customer cases. However, the job was not without its challenges as the standard functionality offered them limited features.
Difficulty to locate information in a long thread, identifying the right attachment, and selective syncing on the case page were often leading to frustration and burnout. Stephanie was concerned and she promised her team a solution.
Initially, she wanted to customize Salesforce’s Email-to-Case Functionality, but that seemed to her like a short-term solution. She wanted something for the long term.
For her, an ideal solution should be able to offer:
- More accessible information
- Faster case resolution
- Reduced support agent burnout
- Increased agent productivity
- Better service experience
Contrary to many suggestions that are usually proffered, an app with advanced features is the best possible solution. Here enters Grazitti’s Email to Case Advance.
E2C Advance is a much-needed power booster for support teams using Salesforce Service Cloud. There are a number of features to help speed up case closures. Let’s deep dive into the features E2C Advance has to offer:
1. When a customer emails, E2C Advance places the email text including the subject and attachments (if any) into the ‘Advance Case Comments’ section, enabling greater visibility. You can decide if you want to enable this feature for:
- Incoming Emails
- Outgoing Emails
2. E2C Advance analyzes customer emails, identifies keywords, digs into your connected knowledge bases to find relevant articles, and shares those articles along with confirmation emails.
3. In cases, when your employees forward a customer email to your support reps, E2C Advance creates a case in the customer’s name and not by the name of the employee who forwarded the email. Admins can also authorize email forwards based on the profile ID.
4. Choose from a set of predefined email templates and customize them to match your needs. Support reps’ replies will be shared in the customized templates.
5. Decide what you want to do in cases when you receive an email from non-customers. There are four options:
- Don’t create a case
- Create a case, immediately close it, and notify the sender
- Create a case and add the person into the contacts’ list
- Create a case and add the person to Leads
6. E2C Advance springs into action when two servers find themselves stuck in an infinite loop of replies and counterreplies because of automated email exchanges and prevents the looping of emails.
7. Select the scenarios like when and whom you want to notify. A scenario can be case creation, new case comments, or case closures. E2C Advance enables sending notifications to the people in To, CC, and BCC, and gives the liberty to restrict the sender and recipients by blocking specified domains and email addresses.
8. Share multiple attachments/files simultaneously. Service Cloud users in Salesforce Classic can upload and link multiple attachments/files—which can be of the type TXT, PDF, or JPG—to a case.
9. Manage communication on closed cases with E2C Advance. You can opt to:
- Create a new case
- Reopen the case
- Take no action
- Reopen a case if a customer emails within a set period (which you decide) and create a new case if the specified time has passed
10. Decide what you want to do with duplicate cases. Using E2C Advance, you can choose either to mark a case as a duplicate or simply delete it. In both the scenarios, however, you have to select a case as a master case and the remaining will either be marked as a copy of it or will be deleted.
Last but not least, the product is not rigid and is highly scalable. It can be customized to fit your business needs and processes.
Think Email to Case Advance is the solution you were looking for? Click here to know more.
Popular Blog Posts