Delivering white-glove service experience is indispensable for every business irrespective of industry. Real estate, however, relies more on customer satisfaction than any other industry.
Whether it’s residential real estate, commercial real estate, or real estate developers, they have a lot of data and thereby use CRM platforms like Salesforce to manage customer relationships.
Salesforce is huge and indeed the most preferred CRM platform. But its complexity also incurs additional backend operational costs, effort, and time. Thus, maintaining its operational competence is often a challenge.
In this blog post, we will share how we helped one of our customers leverage automation testing to reduce backend operational costs while ensuring a spick and span Salesforce Org.
Here’s How It Began
The client is a premium real estate company based out of the United States and has its operations expanded through 10 states. The client was using Salesforce Sales Cloud to manage their entire sales cycle.
Their team didn’t have many Salesforce specialist QA members and their employees were burnt out by manual and regression testing. The process was also time-consuming. It only got more taxing as they had to repeat it for every Salesforce release and every internal functionality changes.
So, they wanted an extended team that could help them ensure an orderly Salesforce Org and reduce the time and efforts that went into maintaining its operational competence.
Before we jump to the solution, let’s first list the challenges that were in the way:
- The client wanted to reduce the time and cost of manual testing in Salesforce and wanted to address issues at the earliest
- With 200+ test scenarios that were to be covered, it was both time-consuming and resource-heavy
Keeping the requirements in mind, our team of Salesforce Quality Engineers got started with the task. Manually doing the task would have taken a long time, so after discussing it with the client, our team started automating the testing process.
Given is the step-by-step process that our team followed to provide a solution:
- Our team of quality engineers made use of Selenium for writing automation scripts.
- They leveraged the data-driven framework with Page Object Model (POM) design for easy maintenance of the entire project.
- Our team made use of TestNG frameworks to automate the code in the form of test cases, get reports with logs, and snapshots with execution status.
- Our Salesforce QA experts leveraged Maven Dependency to align the project with updated Jar files to ensure the elimination of script failure in case updated versions of jar files are used in the project.
- During the project, our team also shared status reports periodically to show the progress to the client with execution results of test cases with snapshots, status, and logs.
- Cross-browser testing was also executed to ensure consistent functionality and style. It also helped reduce the workload and repetition of the Functionality testing.
- Integration testing was also handled by the automation to ensure smoother functioning of internal and third-party integrations with Salesforce.
- To detect new issues quickly, our team triggered the Extent Reports to inbox post script completion.
- The team also managed soft assertions into our scripts which ensured validation of expected vs actual results.
Following the involvement of Grazitti’s team, the client observed these outcomes:
- The entire process was simplified by Regression automation testing, which significantly reduced the Salesforce regression time and efforts.
- Time saved on Regression testing allowed the test team to focus on more creative and exploratory testing.
- With Automation, multiple runs, and corresponding email triggered reports with snapshots and logs (with timestamp) helped identify issues with a click of the batch file.
That’s just one of Grazitti’s many success stories. Salesforce is Grazitti’s forte and we are a Salesforce Silver Consultant Partner as well. Having served over 300 clients including 100+ Silicon valley brands, Grazitti is a trusted brand name.
Do you have any such complex issues in Salesforce that have been troubling your business?
Popular Blog Posts
Visualforce vs Lightning: Simplified and Demystified
10 Best Practices for Managing Salesforce Knowledge
How to integrate Salesforce and NetSuite effectively, affordably
Leverage Salesforce to Manage Multiple Vendors from One Place
Optimize Custom Codes with SOQL Queries