As one of the biggest cloud computing platforms, Salesforce has completely changed the way organizations do business by introducing a highly adaptable, customized and easy–to–use platform for end–to–end implementation services, i.e. Force.com. Using Force.com, developers can quickly create and deploy trusted cloud applications that are compact, secure, and accessible without worrying about provisioning hardware or application stacks. Moreover, this platform provides separate tools for defining the data model, the business logic, and the user interface.
- Deliver great user experiences.
- Customize the functionality of your Visualforce pages.
- Display Visualforce page validation messages as pop-ups.
- Effectively use remote objects (JS data structures that mirror the SFDC database) and action methods (action functions, action support).
- Create a more responsive experience that’s ideal for mobile pages or any other page where your use case requires maximum efficiency and performance.
|Requires APEX Code||YES||YES||NO||NO|
|Have their own Governor limits||NO||NO||NO||YES|
|Major advantages||1. Calls static or instance methods while maintaining controller state
2. Doesn’t require any coding
|1. Calls static Apex methods quickly and efficiently
2. Supports complex server-side application logic
3. Handles complex object relationships better4. Uses network connections (even) more efficiently
|1. Makes basic CRUD object easily accessible
2. Supports minimal server-side application logic
|Helps create, retrieve, update or delete records, using Salesforce applications that support REST and web services|
|Limitations||Submits form data very slowly||1. Limited to static methods
2. The response of the remote call has a maximum size of 15 MB
3. By default, the response of the remote call must return within 30 seconds, after which the call will time out
|1. Remote Objects is subject to change without providing backward compatibility
2. You can retrieve a maximum of 100 rows in a single request. To display more rows, submit additional requests by using the OFFSET query parameter
|Can’t execute custom Apex from VF|
Popular Blog Posts
Opportunity Product Splits: How It Enables Fair Revenue Split for Opportunities with Multiple Products
Custom Revenue Schedules: An Upgraded Version of Salesforce’s Standard (Revenue Schedule) Functionality
Optimizing Sales Cloud with CPQ Integration
Simplify Your Loan Management Cycle With Customized Salesforce Sales Cloud®
Prevent Duplicates and Boost Sales Productivity with Grazitti’s Advanced Deduping Solution for Salesforce Lightning