With constant technological advancements, the need for equipping businesses with efficient, robust solutions cannot be ignored.
Lately, customer expectations are on a constant rise. So, building convenient processes and delivering meaningful user interactions has become a must for organizational success. As a result, the eCommerce industry has been more focused than ever on delivering robust solutions.
Magento is one of the most reliable and robust eCommerce platforms. With its frequent updates, the platform enables online store owners to exceed their customers’ expectations. Now, Magento 2.4.6 is all set for its latest release.
Let’s dig into what Magento vendors can expect from the upcoming version.
What to Expect From Magento’s Upcoming Release?
Magento 2.4.6 is the most-awaited release with over 300 quality fixes and enhancements. With upgraded core composer dependencies and third-party libraries, it will introduce support for PHP 8.2. What’s more? It is all set for bringing some significant performance and scalability enhancements.
So, let’s decode all the noteworthy updates of Magento 2.4.6!
Key Highlights of Magento 2.4.6
The latest Magento release is dropping, and Magento vendors are bracing themselves for some significant changes. Let’s take a closer look at the top new features of Magento 2.4.6 –
Security is the most prioritized concern for any business. And, Magento is constantly working towards security fixes and patches.
- As stated in Adobe Security Bulletin, the latest version comes with 8 security fixes and platform security improvements.
- Fixes the issue of reCAPTCHA validation failure at unexpected error during payment processing.
- Bridges gaps in admin action logs with specific auditing of admin actions.
Recently, Magento has been extra attentive toward improving its platform with every release. As expected, the latest release extends support to more platforms like the latest PHP 8.2 while remaining fully compatible with PHP 8.1. Other notable platform improvements include extended support to –
- Redis 7.0.x
- ElasticSearch 8.x
- Composer 2.2.x
- MariaDB 10.6 (LTS Version)
Scalability and Performance Enhancements
Every business takes the scalability factor into consideration before deciding on a platform. And, Magento offers plenty of scope for performance scalability. Moreover, Magento keeps improving performance and scalability, with every release. Magento 2.4.6 offers-
- Configuration settings for customer segment operations.
- Product grid performance improvement by limiting the number of products displayed in the product grid.
- REST API endpoint for 100,000 imports a minute to merchants.
- Load balancing for better order processing performance.
Page Builder and PWA Studio Compatibility
Magento 2.4.6 comes with seamless support for Page Builder v.1.7.3 & PWA Studio v.13.0.x.
Braintree is a commonly used payment method and Magento made the following enhancements around it –
- Enabled Pay Later button and messages for Italy and Spain.
- Offers Fraud Protection and ACH webhooks for this payment method.
GraphQL is a commonly used query language for Magento 2 APIs. The latest Magento version introduces various enhancements around GraphQL including-
- Improved response time for product queries.
- Improved response time for bulk cart operations.
- Better category tree rendering performance.
Other Upgrades and Replacements in Magento 2.4.6
Apart from the above-mentioned highlights, Magento’s latest version is packed with many more quality fixes and improvements. Some of these improvements include –
- Drag-and-drop feature in the page builder for uploading or importing images in bulk.
- Minimum Terms to Match feature to support search queries with quotation marks.
- Fixed Google reCAPTCHA errors including validation failures, no such cart with ID, please try again, etc.
- Fixed core Magento issues such as installation, upgrade, and deployment.
- Restored working of ‘Checkout Now’ button.
- Eliminated overwriting of .gitignore files during composer install command execution.
The expected release date of Magento 2.4.6 is March 14, 2023. And, the pre-release version will be available on February 28, 2023. The long list of new updates in Magento promises wonderful benefits for Magento merchants. So, as a Magento vendor, gear up to supercharge your online store experience with all these enhancements.
Want to Make the Most of the Latest Magento Update? Talk to Us!
We, at Grazitti Interactive, excel in delivering dynamic online stores backed with robust features for top-notch CX. To know more about our Magento Development expertise, drop us a line at [email protected], and we’ll take it from there.
Popular Blog Posts
How Adobe’s Acquisition of Magento Will Impact the Future of eCommerce
Magento 1 End of Life: All You Need To Know
Marketing Tools for Magento 2
Reasons Why WooCommerce Store Owners Are Jumping To The Latest 3.6 Release
Magento 1.0 v/s Magento 2.0 – Reasons to upgrade to 2.0
Magento 2.1 Release – What’s New?