75% of businesses are using at least one marketing automation platform in their marketing strategy(i).
By helping businesses deliver a seamless customer experience, marketing automation platforms empower brands to nurture better leads.
However, 55% of marketers do not think their current marketing automation platform is providing them with the value they need, demonstrating that they are undoubtedly seeking more. What’s more startling is that they plan to switch platforms within the next few months(ii).
No matter how interesting platform migration sounds, you cannot just wing it when it comes to migrating from one platform to another.
Businesses find it challenging to successfully migrate due to the enormous amount of data. Data migration challenges, such as data loss, corruption, and prolonged downtime, obstruct its progress.
And for that, you need a solution that can help you to restore and back up your assets.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss the reasons behind platform migration, effective measures to take while migrating, and why data backup is crucial to avoid asset loss while migration.
Why Do Businesses Migrate From One Platform to Another?
Moving to a new marketing automation platform can help you meet the demands of your customers with higher expectations.
Here are a few reasons why businesses may want to migrate from one platform to another:
- Lack of Features: If your present vendor isn’t enhancing or innovating the features of the marketing automation platform you’re using that can allow you to overcome modern marketing challenges, consider migrating.
- Insufficient Customer Support: Inadequate training and assistance from the vendor creates discrepancies between your expectations and the results you receive.
- Issues With the Platform’s Performance: Issues in key marketing elements may hamper your campaigns like email deliverability issues, email throttling, or other deliverability issues.
- Growing Business Needs: The current platform might not be able to keep up with your company’s growing needs, therefore you need a more capable solution.
Points to Consider Before Starting the Migration Process
Switching to a new platform comes with a whole lot of responsibilities. You’d need to migrate all your legacy data to a new platform without any data loss. And that’s why it is important to consider a few things (about your business and the new platform) and then act upon them.
Here are the top 6 measures to take into account when you plan your migration:
1. Plan your platform migration strategically because moving assets takes time. Think about transferring when you have less on your plate.
2. Choose a provider that knows your needs and sees you as a partner rather than just a sales opportunity.
3. To successfully switch to a new platform, make sure you have enough technical and organizational ability to use it.
4. Find a platform that can integrate with other third-party tools and is compatible with your current tools.
5. Based on the cost of your new marketing automation platform and its migration, create a budget. Think about the price of additional features, upgrades, add-ons, support charges, etc.
6. To improve results, make sure the platform you purchase is easy to use for your staff.
Migrating from one platform to another can be challenging. However, with a solid migration plan, you can avoid going over budget, creating overbearing data processes, or discovering that their data operations aren’t performing well.
That’s why you need to follow a few important steps while migrating your assets to another platform.
Important Steps to Follow While Migrating to a New Marketing Automation Platform
A good data migration strategy ensures that your asset conversion process goes smoothly and successfully. That’s why businesses should give migrations their entire focus while planning and strategizing the work rather than putting it below another project.
To make the transition easier for you, here are 7 important steps that you can follow:
1. Understand Your Objectives: Introspect your business objectives. Then, ensure that the product you have chosen meets most, if not all, of your requirements.
2. Create a Schedule: Decide when the change will begin and on what day. Include an adequate buffer time in your project plan for the marketing automation platform migration.
3. Examine Your Inventory: Make a list of everything you currently have in your marketing automation platform, including processes, contact fields, lists, content, etc. Be sure to get rid of any data that is no longer relevant.
4. Prioritize User Experience: Ensure that the UX stays intact, and if you are working on any change, then notify your users beforehand to avoid any undesirable UX friction.
5. Implement A/B Testing: Before and after the migration, implement A/B testing procedures for all marketing materials developed in your new platform.
6. Optimize: Examine, monitor, and alter your marketing campaigns as necessary based on their effectiveness.
Assets in cloud-based applications can get overwritten or erased especially when you’re using Marketo as your marketing automation tool. Asset loss can also happen via malicious third-party software or due to account cancellation.
And, if you’re planning to migrate from Marketo to another platform, it is important to back up and store your Marketo assets for future use.
That’s where M-Hive, Grazitti’s ultimate backup solution for Marekto comes in. You can easily secure your Marketo assets in M-Hive and manually download and upload them to another platform if required.
An Amazing Backup Solution for Marketo Assets: M-Hive
M-Hive is the ideal solution for backing up and restoring your Marekto assets or templates from a cloud repository as and when required. It helps you to accelerate your content review process by previewing individual assets.
Moreover, with M-Hive, you can reduce your organization’s downtime in case of asset loss by starting Marketo backup right away. Even if your Marketo account is inaccessible or your subscription is canceled, you will always have access to your Marketo assets.
Also, it offers:
Automatic Backup: When you select the frequency and intensity of the backups, M-Hive’s “auto back-up” feature will assist you in automatically executing backups.
Scheduled Data Backup: Back up your data whenever you need it with M-Hive. You can schedule a daily, weekly, or on-demand backup of your data.
Real-Time Backup Status: View the date and time of the most recent backup on the dashboard. Additionally, you can preview each asset’s status separately.
Security: Safeguard your Marketo assets using M-Hive’s email notification feature, which will notify you if any changes are made to your account, such as a password reset or the addition of a new user.
Ready to Migrate Your Marketo Assets Without Any Data Loss? Talk to Us!
Or if you’re looking to back up and restore your Marketo assets with M-Hive before migrating from one marketing platform to another, our experts can help you make the process simple and quick. Book a demo here or drop us a line at [email protected] and we’ll take it from there.
Popular Blog Posts