Personal branding is extremely important to differentiate yourself from the crowd. If somebody searches for your name on Google then you would prefer your name to rank high on search engine result pages. Your potential clients will definitely seek to know about you or your company. It is like having your resume ready to showcase your talent and strengths.
Social media can help you take top ten places on search engines and strengthen your personal brand presence. Social media platforms like Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook, and many others allow you to establish strong online personal branding and reach out to your potential customers.
- Blogging: Start a blog today, preferably using your name in the domain. Create a author profile page that is linked from each of your posts, as this will increase search engine rankings for queries on your name.
- Twitter: Twitter is a microblogging site so all that you tweet is indexed by Google, and sometimes your tweets show up in the search. Your twitter status pages are also indexed by the search engines that can help you build online reputation.
- Linkedin: Create your profile on professional networking sites such as linkedin that not only gives your online visibility but also helps to connect with other professionals.
- Online Videos and Presentations: If you have video recording or presentations of any conference, seminar or workshops, upload them to websites like YouTube, SlideShare and Scribd.
- Social Networking Sites: Your visibility of other social media sites, like Facebook, Stumbleupon, Digg, Flickr, can also help to establish your online personal brand visibility.