Nowadays, businesses are constantly looking to drive workflow efficiency and productivity. And automating mundane tasks is one of the vital factors in achieving that.
According to the research[i], 97% of IT leaders believe that process automation is cited as a key driver to business growth.
To eliminate monotonous and redundant tasks, businesses need to adopt process automation. Not only does this nullify the bottlenecks that lead to lost time but also streamlines workflows by eliminating the human inputs in repetitive tasks.
There are numerous process automation technologies to simplify your complex workflows, but Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is the most viable one. It is easy to implement and requires no modification to adapt to the existing infrastructure.
So, what else does RPA have in store for businesses? Let’s find out!
RPA: A Revolution in Business Process Automation
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a software technology that is an amalgamation of robotics and automation to perform redundant business processes. It uses software or ‘bots’ to handle digital tasks and interacts with applications and information sources in a way just like humans do.
RPA makes it easy to build, deploy, and manage bots that mimic human actions interacting with digital systems and software. It can perform work processes just like humans, such as extracting data, navigating systems, performing actions, etc. The only difference is that RPA can work faster and more efficiently than humans.
How Does RPA Work?
Robotic process automation access information via legacy systems, integrating accurately with other applications or systems through front-end integration. This eliminates the human inputs by automating repetitive tasks such as logging in, copying, and pasting data from one system to another, and many more.
RPA’s features include:
- Low-code capabilities to build automation scripts
- Integration with business applications
- Orchestration and administrative functions like configuration, monitoring, etc.
While most companies have already hopped on the RPA bandwagon, the buzz in the market is still hyped around cracking the code between AI and RPA. So without further ado, let’s demystify the connection between these two technologies.
The Difference Between Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
The most significant difference between AI and RPA is that AI is data-driven whereas RPA is process-driven. Robotic process automation only follows the processes defined by the end-user, wherein AI uses machine learning to identify data patterns.
Artificial intelligence simulates human intelligence, whereas RPA replicates human-directed tasks. While both of them minimize the need for human involvement, their automation process is different from each other. RPA, on one hand, copies human behavior, whereas AI simulates human intelligence like sensing things, communicating, etc.
Now that we know the basics of RPA, how it works, and the differences between AI and RPA, let’s move on to the benefits of robotic process automation.
Benefits of Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
When you are tasked with managing a workforce that demands more efficient workflow, more time management, and more accountability on the team, then you need to implement the next big thing, RPA.
Some benefits of RPA include:
- Improves Scalability: To stay competitive, it is crucial for businesses to improve scalability within the workplace. RPA has an army of automated bots that incorporate AI and ML into their automation to scale operations across every business vertical.
- Saves Money & Effort: RPA minimizes the workload of various teams. With this, employees can save time and focus on the most prioritized tasks that need human input. This leads to higher productivity and ROI.
- Increases Customer Satisfaction: Bots can handle customer complaints quickly, which minimizes the wait time for customers. With this, customers get answers to their queries more instantly than before, making them feel valued and happier.
- Amplifies Accuracy: Once you program RPA to perform specific tasks and workflows, human errors get eliminated. With this, the probability of reworks gets eliminated, which improves the quality of the end result significantly.
Why is RPA the Fastest-Growing Enterprise Software?
The ease of implementation that RPA has is unmatchable, and that’s the reason why it is better than other enterprise technology. With its hassle-free configuration and implementation process, it is transforming the business landscape worldwide.
Here are a few pointers that can help you understand why RPA is a great choice for your business:
- RPA helps industries automate manual processes conveniently and innovatively.
- With RPA enterprise software, companies can yield higher productivity, faster throughput, and eliminate errors.
- RPA drives faster results than any other enterprise software. It also helps businesses generate higher ROI.
- RPA is the key enabler of digital transformation as it accesses data and works within legacy systems. With this, RPA offers a scalable and enterprise-driven platform.
- RPA comes with a low-code approach that can be easily managed by IT teams to create simple automation.
Best Practices to Successfully Implement RPA
RPA uses bots to streamline operations like handling customer data, analyzing financial information, etc., which needs security checks. This is crucial as the rate of cyber attacks is increasing rapidly and can lead to data loss.
Let’s learn about the best practices to successfully implement RPA that eliminates cyber attacks:
- Involve Your Security Experts: For RPA implementation and creation or deployment of every RPA bot, your security experts must be in action. Once the experts integrate their regular software service practices in RPA, identifying a malicious cyber attack activity will get easier. This ensures that bots created and used are secure to use.
- Create Unique Credentials: It is pivotal to distinguish between a real user’s actions and a programmed RPA bot. To avoid such discrepancies, operators should never provide RPA bots with the credentials of human users. Also, every bot should have its unique credentials to mitigate the impact of a hack.
- Manage Bot Privileges: To avoid wrongful access, an RPA bot should only have access to the tasks they perform. So businesses should not give ‘Write’ access to RPA bots that only ‘Read’ databases.
- Enhance RPA Functionality: For businesses, it is easy to add more RPA bots but managing the implications that come with bots is much more intimidating. It increases the risk of phishing attacks and increases fraud probability. So, to deal with it, organizations should first get used to the RPA process and then utilize it to its optimum potential to fit businesses’ unique needs.
It’s no lie that robotic process automation, with its impeccable tools like bots, ML, and predictive analysis is revolutionizing the business space. It is making the future of business much more secure via smart automation. With RPA in your corner, you can speed up your workflow, generate higher ROI, automate your monotonous tasks, and whatnot.
RPA holds a massive value for your business in the coming years. So it is time to lay a strong foundation for your business by implementing RPA.
Wish to Implement RPA Into Your Salesforce Org? Talk to Us!
If you wish to grab details on the best RPA tools for your business, drop us a line at [email protected], and we’ll take it from there.
Popular Blog Posts