Sixty-nine percent of users say that it is easier to use their Salesforce instance today than it was 12 months ago.
But not everyone is convinced. A large number of Salesforce users have yet to migrate to Lightning Experience. They have not moved already because a common perception is that:
- The migration process takes a lot of time and effort
- Calculating the goods and bads of migration is a hard job
- Scrutinizing existing customizations is time-consuming
- The transition affects process management efficiency because companies need to train users on a new UI
- Some important Classic features are missing in Lightning
Although each concern is valid to an extent, the obstacles are not insurmountable.
This strategy guide documents how we overcame those challenges and successfully migrated an online community from Salesforce Classic to Lightning Experience for a customer.