Data is the driving force for every organization. As important as data is, it’s equally important to secure it. With cyber threats on the rise, especially with businesses switching to hybrid and remote work models, it is pivotal to secure your data from being lost or hacked.
In fact, research shows, 20% of organizations[i] experienced a breach due to remote work because of their insensitivity to securing data.
Remote working is not a fad but a future. So, along with streamlining operations across every vertical, it is essential to secure data in your MarTech tools like CRM and marketing automation tools.
Therefore, it’s important to choose a technology that aligns with your business goals and protects your data.
Salesforce is one such platform. Apart from being the #1 CRM platform, it keeps your business and customer data safe from data breaching, malware threats, or any other cyber threats by incorporating several security tools into the services it provides.
In this blog post, you’ll learn the importance of data security and how Salesforce ensures the security of your data.
Why is Data Security a Must?
While most businesses are already implementing security in their CRM systems, others are still wondering why. It is because CRMs store valuable data about your customers and your business that you don’t want to expose.
Now data has become an imperative part of the working culture as most companies operate remotely. So in this modern-day business world, securing data is essential, and that’s where the Salesforce CRM comes in! It has powerful security features that streamline your business operations, analyze your performance, connect you with your audience, and safeguard your assets.
Unlocking the Salesforce’s Security Architecture
Businesses must treat data security as a high priority. And for this, Salesforce comes up with amazing solutions that allow you to secure your data from any kind of phishing attacks, malware threats, data breaches, or any other cyber threat. These solutions include:
- Salesforce Health Checkup: It is the most vital tool that ensures the safety of your organization’s data. Salesforce health checkup scans all the errors, identifies them, and notifies you about the same. This tool grabs security weaknesses fast and categorizes them as low-risk, high-risk, and medium-risk.
- Two-Factor Authentication: Hackers can easily hack your system and fetch all the necessary information from your system. To prevent this, you need to protect your data with two-factor authentication as it allows only authorized employees to log in to the cloud app and reach any valuable information.
- Data Backup: Weak credentials are one of the major reasons that often lead to data breaches. So, you need to ensure that you have backed up your data safely. Salesforce provides you with numerous data backup options like Data Export Service, Data Loader, and Report Export that help you secure your data from cyber threats.
- Audit Scheduling: With auditing, you can check the health of your data, information regarding system usage, and whatnot. It is pivotal and can be done within Salesforce and your company’s IT infrastructure. Salesforce assesses each login attempt that covers the IP addresses and geo location of every user, which helps ease data auditing.
- Salesforce Shields: It is an admin-friendly and easy-to-use tool that helps developers and admins secure business-critical applications with extra layers of security. Salesforce. You can also use this tool to check your password’s security.
- Secure APIs: Salesforce can easily be integrated with other applications that help you share your data. It also helps you strengthen your user access controls. You should look into the API security model that you connect to Salesforce before you provide it access.
Salesforce doesn’t leave any stone unturned when it comes to the safety of your data. While working remotely or operating full-time, the platform is your only ally to keep your data safe. It helps you optimize your business processes efficiently and streamline workflow without having to involve in the intricacies of data security.
Want to Eliminate Your Data Vulnerabilities in Salesforce? Talk to Us!
Our Salesforce mavens would be happy to reduce any gap in Salesforce security and help you optimize your Salesforce investment to its full potential. Just drop a line at [email protected] and we’ll take it from there.
Popular Blog Posts