Gamification is an out-of-the-box solution that a lot of companies implement in various non-gaming environments to increase user engagement. You must have surely come across some platform that uses gamification, as it is quite a hit with a lot of industries.
In fact, gamification’s total market value was 6.8 billion dollars in 2018 and is expected to increase by 32%, reaching almost 40 billion by 2024. Another report stated that 83% of employees who received gamified training felt more motivated.
Notably, Forbes, in one of its articles, termed gamification as a ‘magic wand’. A wand that can potentially turn around a mundane business process to be highly immersive.
In fact, gamification has produced great returns when employed in areas such as:
- Training workforce
- Improving sales reps’ performance
- Boosting knowledge retention
- Improving staff productivity
In other words, gamification works because it employs different tactics that are highly conducive to triggering brain cells.
How did Gamification find its way into Salesforce?
One of the most popular CRM platforms around, Salesforce is used by a lot of companies for their sales, customer support, marketing, communities, etc. practices.
However, a lot of companies do not get the most out of their Salesforce investment because their teams aren’t able to adopt the platform the way they should. This can be attributed to a number of reasons –
- They are reluctant to use the platform due to the learning curve involved
- They are not able to understand perfectly the functioning of the platform
- They are disengaged from the platform and are therefore not recording everything carefully and regularly
- They need constant direction for using the platform and have therefore lost focus
Whatever the reason may be, it puts a huge dent into the ROI of an organization, while also hampering the performance of the workforce.
Gamification is really a game-changer and a supporting character that the protagonist—Salesforce, was missing to build a winning story.
How did Salesforce Gamification improve the teams’ performance?
There are some definite psychological perks that gamification has. It does make a boring activity more fun and engaging and motivates individuals to participate more. But it also helps leaders manifest a change in the behavioral pattern of their teams to resonate more with their business objectives.
And gamification did so by employing certain mechanics, such as,
- Tapping into the competitive psyche of the individuals
- Breaking the whole system down into short term goals
- Displaying immediate results or responses
- Showing an individual’s progress in real-time, as well as in historical records
- Gratifying users through instant rewards in terms of awards and badges
Overall, the coupling of Salesforce with gamification has had some very positive results for businesses using this particular platform. It definitely has had some far-reaching goals. Some of these include:
- Encouraging the teams to be better coordinated with each other
- Helping reps be more organized and regular with the work
- Training the admins well for using the platform efficiently
- Getting the users to apply learnings to practice more effectively
- Getting the new hirings on-board timely
If you want to get the best out of Salesforce, then gamification is a great option. But make sure to implement it flawlessly on Salesforce. Everything from the gaming mechanics to designs, rewards, etc. has to be set-up perfectly in order to pique the interest of your team members.
Need Help with Setting Up Salesforce Gamification? Contact Us.
Popular Blog Posts
Visualforce vs Lightning: Simplified and Demystified
10 Best Practices for Managing Salesforce Knowledge
How to integrate Salesforce and NetSuite effectively, affordably
Leverage Salesforce to Manage Multiple Vendors from One Place
Optimize Custom Codes with SOQL Queries