With over 144 emails sent every day, email marketing is one of the best mediums for business communication. However, with email marketing, there’s more than one way to measure success, this includes taking a look at how conversion rates are impacted. In order to be successful with email marketing, companies should focus on increasing recipient engagement and reducing people from unsubscribing while maintaining a strong brand image.
Developing a strategic approach towards email marketing isn’t difficult if you thoroughly understand your audience.
Here are 5 email marketing tips to help you achieve the results you want:
Timing & Frequency
The timing of your email is directly proportional to performance indicators such as click-through-rate and the open-rate.
- Segment your contact list on the basis of your recipient’s time zone so they receive their emails at a convenient and appropriate time
- The three core time slots to send emails are in the morning, early afternoon, and in the evening
- If you have run campaigns in the past, it’s a good idea to take a look at the analytics to see the best time your emails are read
- Rather than sending a new email every day, send two emails per week to ensure that you’re cutting through the clutter
An impressive subject line sparks interest and keeps the recipient intrigued.
- A subject line must ooze creativity to entice the user to open the message
- Do not use a ‘clickbait’ subject line only to disappoint your users later on
- Segment your lists into two with different subject lines for each group to see which line resonates the best
A successful email strategy should have more visuals than content as users skim through the latter.
- Add a compelling call-to-action (CTA) to direct users to your landing page, rather than adding all the content in your email
- Combine catchy content with vibrant and stunning visuals such as images and GIFs
- Use a file optimizing tool so that the images load quickly and in an appropriate manner
Users access their emails from a wide range of devices such as smartphones and tablets apart from desktops.
- Optimize an email device in order to provide a user-friendly experience to all recipients
- Find out what devices your users are using to ensure that the email is tailored to those functionalities
The content you send to users should be relevant and provide significant value.
- Make an email funnel, which will enable you to target users with more specific content as soon as they show signs of progressive interest
- Segment your users on the basis of the content they showed interest in
- Personalize your emails based on relevance
- Send follow up emails
- Send whitepapers that give further details
Regardless of whether your company is B2B or B2C, email marketing is a strategic approach that can garner impressive results, if executed correctly. Utilizing the tips mentioned above will not only help you reach out to your users but also will also assist in fostering business growth.
Need help with your Email Marketing Strategy?
Popular Blog Posts
Got a Query? Ask Away!
Thanks for reaching out to us. We will get in touch with you shortly.