Many companies in the past decades have attained success with the old mantra, “better, faster, cheaper”.
This mantra, however, seems less feasible in the present business scenario. Customers are now becoming more vocal than ever— emotions drive their decisions, and experience that a company provides becomes a bigger factor than price.
The sooner companies accept this, the better prepared they will be for challenges. This is the era of the customer and businesses are vying to become ‘customer-centric’.
Listening to your customers is the rudiment to attaining customer centricity. Many organizations across the globe are leveraging online communities to easily connect with their customers, partners, and employees. Also, companies are now seeking advice from their customers/employees for feature ideas or any enhancements that could help them advance their product’s capabilities.
Salesforce ‘Ideas’ is one such platform where customers/employees can share their ideas. But further managing those ideas is a process that takes time and is difficult.
A similar issue was troubling one of our clients. Their product manager was able to choose from the ideas that needed to be worked on but the progress was difficult to track. Their engineering team used Jira for managing issues, features, and anything related to product development.
Jira was also used to generate Proof of Concept (PoC) by the respective resource assigned before they started working on developing a new feature or enhancing the existing ones.
We suggested integrating Jira with Salesforce Ideas. The task involved a high degree of difficulty as two different platforms had to be integrated. So, our experts first analyzed the instances and the possibility of integration.
After the feasibility test, our experts used REST APIs to integrate both instances. As a result of the integration, product managers could now have an easier view of the ideas and could better track the progress on the ideas.
Let’s take a detailed look at what the product manager was able to do after the integration:
- The product manager was able to see what ideas were being posted on their Salesforce Ideas instance
- He/she could then decide what ideas the product team should start working on
- Hopping the instances—Salesforce and Jira—was no longer a barrier
- He/she could now directly create a Jira ticket and assign a resource to start working on the selected idea
- Also, he/she could now easily track the progress on the assigned Jira tickets like if anyone faced any issues, how much work has been completed, etc.
- POC was no longer a problem as, after the integration, the developers could easily generate the POC and that would be synced in Salesforce as well
Thus, idea management became easier than ever. The product manager could now choose the ideas and that would be automatically synced in Jira along with an assigned member who would work on its development.
This is just one of the many Salesforce solutions that Grazitti’s experts have developed to make the job easier for teams like sales, marketing, service, product, engineering, etc.
Liked the solution? Want to know more? Well, let’s discuss here.
Popular Blog Posts