What Happens After Unsubscription?
Increase in unsubscribe rate affects your marketing ROI in myriad ways. These include:
- Low email conversion: Increase in email unsubscribe % reduces the conversion rate of your future campaigns. Since your database of active subscribers has shrunk, you risk losing potential business.
- Poor email reputation: Many email clients like Gmail, Yahoo check your reputation score before delivering the email in the inbox of your users. High unsubscribe rate affects the reputation of the IP, domain and sender’s email that is being used for your email marketing campaigns.
- Slow list growth: Forward to a Friend is an important channel for many companies to ensure list growth. With more users unsubscribing from your list, the future growth of your subscriber base slows down.
- Degrades brand equity: High unsubscribe % increases the risk of your domain or email being labeled as a spammer, affecting your overall brand reputation.
Email Preference Centers
High unsubscribes is a universal challenge and every marketer wants to control it. One of the solutions to counter this is an Email Preference Center. Although, an old concept, not many software allow it and even lesser number of organizations have adopted it.
- Reduce unsubscribe by 37%
- Increase email engagement by 41%
- Reduce annual list churn by 46%
GE Preference Center
Spiceworks Preference Center
Like we said, not many platforms offer the option of an Email Preference Center. However, Marketo does. With Marketo, you can build some really cool email subscription preference centers. How to do it? Read in this post
About Grazitti™ Marketo Services
To know more about our Marketo services or get in touch with our experts, drop us a mail at email@example.com
Popular Blog Posts
Create the Perfect Marketing Mix by Integrating Human-to-Human (H2H) Approach with Your Inbound Marketing Strategy