Modern businesses have to deal with various challenges in current market scenarios. These include evolving technology, global competition, economic uncertainty, and many more.
According to a report[i], businesses in the US lose around $1.8 billion per year due to obsolete technology and outdated business practices.
So, it is important for businesses to implement a solution to tackle internal and external challenges for sound business operations.
This is where NetSuite comes in.
NetSuite is a cloud-based ERP system for companies to manage their core business processes. It can help businesses eliminate workflow inefficiencies, avoid data silos, and provides better visibility into key business metrics.
In this blog post, we will explore how NetSuite is helping modern businesses gear up for the future with the tools to thrive in a constantly changing business environment.
Challenges that Organizations are Facing in the Current Business Environment
Businesses today function in a volatile environment. So, modern businesses face various challenges in adapting to the evolving market conditions. Here’s a quick look at the major challenges that businesses need to address:
1. Digital Transformation: The rise of digital technology has fundamentally changed the way that businesses operate. Companies are now expected to provide seamless online experiences, leverage data analytics, and offer mobile-first solutions. This requires significant investment in technology and a cultural shift towards digital-first thinking.
2. Global Competition: The rise of globalization means that businesses now face competition from all over the world. Companies need to be agile and adaptable to stay ahead of the competition, and they need to be able to operate in different markets and cultures.
3. Economic Uncertainty: Economic uncertainty, caused by political instability, natural disasters, and pandemics, can impact businesses at any time. Companies need to be prepared to pivot quickly in response to changing market conditions and economic realities.
4. Workforce Challenges: The modern workforce is increasingly diverse and distributed, with remote work becoming more common. This presents new challenges around communication, collaboration, and management, and requires companies to rethink their traditional approaches to work.
5. Sustainability and Social Responsibility: Consumers and investors are increasingly concerned about environmental and social issues and demand that businesses take action to address them. This requires companies to adopt sustainable and socially responsible practices, and to be transparent about their impact on the world.
How NetSuite Helps Growing Businesses Adapt to Change and Build for the Future?
NetSuite is a comprehensive ERP solution with modules for accounting, customer relationship management (CRM), inventory management, and more. It provides businesses with the tools they need to enhance performance and reduce costs.
Below mentioned are some ways how NetSuite helps businesses enhance their agility:
Scalability: NetSuite is designed to scale with businesses as they grow and their needs change. Whether a company is adding new products, expanding into new markets, or acquiring other businesses, NetSuite can accommodate these changes and provide the necessary tools for success.
Customization: NetSuite can be customized to meet the specific needs of a business. This means that companies can tailor the software to their unique workflows, processes, and business models, rather than being forced to fit into a one-size-fits-all solution.
Real-time Visibility: NetSuite provides real-time visibility into a company’s financials, operations, and customer interactions. This allows businesses to make data-driven decisions and respond quickly to changing market conditions.
Automation: NetSuite automates many manual processes such as accounting, inventory management, and order processing. This can save time and reduce the risk of errors for businesses, allowing employees to focus on more strategic activities.
Integration: NetSuite integrates with other software systems and third-party applications, allowing businesses to connect their data and streamline their operations. This can improve efficiency, reduce duplication of effort, and provide a more unified view of the business.
5 Ways to Find a Way Through Economic Slowdown: Keynotes From the NetSuite Founder
NetSuite’s founder Evan Goldberg discussed a few solutions for businesses to manage their way during downturns in the economy in a webinar. Here are 5 key takeaways from it[ii].
1. Sharpen Your Business Fundamentals: During an economic slowdown, it’s important to focus on the core elements of your business that will keep it healthy and sustainable in the long term. This means reviewing your business strategy, identifying areas for improvement, and optimizing your operations for efficiency and effectiveness. This could involve streamlining processes, reducing costs, or diversifying revenue streams to mitigate risk.
2. Nurture Your Existing Customers: Your existing customers are your most valuable asset during an economic slowdown as they provide a stable source of revenue and can be a source of referrals and new business. It’s important to invest in building strong relationships with your existing customers through personalized communications, targeted marketing, and exceptional customer service.
3. Keep Operational Visibility in Check: To make informed decisions during an economic slowdown, it’s essential to have real-time visibility into your financials, operations, and customer interactions. This requires effective software tools that can provide data-driven insights and support your decision-making. NetSuite, for example, is a cloud-based business management software that can provide real-time visibility and automation across all areas of your business.
4. Balance Your Data With Intuition: While data-driven decision-making is important, it’s also important to balance data with intuition and experience. During an economic slowdown, there may be unexpected shifts in the market or changes in customer behavior that can’t be fully explained by data alone. It’s important to use your intuition and experience to make informed decisions based on a combination of data and context.
5. Be Opportunistic: Finally, during an economic slowdown, there may be opportunities to capitalize on changes in the market or emerging trends. It’s important to be agile and opportunistic and to pivot your business strategy to take advantage of these opportunities. This could involve launching new products or services, expanding into new markets, or acquiring complementary businesses that can help you grow and thrive.
Maximize Your Business Potential With the Latest NetSuite Features in 2023
NetSuite has implemented several new features to make businesses operate more efficiently. Most highlighted ones are listed below:
NetSuite Accounts Payable (AP) Automation – AP automation in NetSuite helps in managing back-end financial processes accurately. It eliminates the manual handling of finances on paper.
NetSuite Ship Central – NetSuite Ship Central is a mobile application for businesses to accelerate deliveries and optimize warehouse operations. It provides warehouse workers with shipping and packing capabilities using a mobile or a kiosk device.
NetSuite SuiteCloud Developer Framework (SDF) – SDF is a framework for developers to build SDFSuite apps and customize NetSuite accounts using an IDE. It uses a structured development process and supports familiar development patterns and concepts.
NetSuite Configure, Price, and Quote (CPQ) – CPQ enables sales teams to configure, price, and quote products accurately, directly in NetSuite. The solution works seamlessly with other NetSuite products to make the sales process error-free and fast.
With its advanced features, cloud-based architecture, and flexibility, NetSuite enables businesses to streamline their operations, gain greater visibility into their performance, and make better decisions that drive growth and success. Whether you are a small startup or a large enterprise, NetSuite can help you stay competitive, agile, and responsive to the ever-changing demands of the future.
Ready to Optimize Your Business With NetSuite? Let’s Talk!
[i] Phoenix Business Journal
Popular Blog Posts
4 Reasons Why NetSuite is Instrumental to IPO Success
How to Go About the NetSuite Implementation the Right Way?
What’s Next for ERPs? Future Trends to Look Forward to
4 Ways a Custom NetSuite ERP Can Improve Your Business Performance
Expanding Your Business? Time to Think About Two-tier ERP Systems
Automate Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Processes For Smooth Cash Flow Management