Four out of every five customers say the experience a company provides is as important as its products or services. And business executives are increasingly cognizing the importance of customer service.
82% of service decision-makers believe that their company’s customer service must transform in order to stay competitive.
That’s just one of the few reasons that a company decides to move its support operation from one platform to another. Other reasons include:
- Expanding user account: Businesses often feel the need for a next-gen tool with advanced features to better manage the expanding user accounts.
- Customizability: Any business would rather prefer a tool that is flexible and not the one that offers limited customization.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Another reason could be that a business is looking for a tool that can be used across teams to establish better cross-functional collaboration.
- Cloud platform: A further reason could be a general perception that cloud platforms are more secure, give better accessibility options, and better storage options.
- … and more.
Customers, on average, use 10 different mediums to interact with a brand, making support workflows more complex. And to handle such complex workflows, an organization seeks a next-gen tool. Also, if an organization is hugely invested in Salesforce, they’d rather choose to use a tool that can be widely used across the organization for better inter-team collaboration.
This was the case when one of our clients asked for our assistance to help them migrate from Zendesk to Salesforce Service Cloud. The customer is a provider of a unified analytics platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products.
The migration process is easier said than done as it involves two different platforms, moving data and business processes. Similarly, there were some other challenges which are listed below:
- Preserving the data types they were using in Zendesk
- Configuring Service Cloud to meet with their business needs and processes
- Maintaining existing integrations with 3rd-party platforms
- Automating a number of processes
- Ensuring there’s no data loss
- Handling Change Management and many more…
Aforementioned challenges are just the snippets, there were many more complexities involved.
Grazitti’s Salesforce experts leveraged their heaps of experience to ensure hassle-free transition preventing data loss. Given is the step-by-step description of the solution that we successfully adopted:
- The first step involved a rigorous assessment of their Zendesk instance and studying the possibility of migration based on the requirements detailed by the client.
- Following the feasibility check, we configured the Salesforce Service Cloud instance (Cloud migration) and moved the data from Zendesk.
- After setting up the new instance, we integrated tools like Slack, PagerDuty, etc. that were earlier integrated with Zendesk too.
- Following the integrations, their online community was also moved to Salesforce Community Cloud and knowledge-base to Salesforce Knowledge.
- The client also liked two of Grazitti’s products built on top of Salesforce—Sinergify, a Salesforce-Jira Connector, and Email to Case Advance. We also installed and set up both the products with their instance.
- There were numerous tasks that we automated and helped the client save time.
- Our experts customized the instance as asked by the client and also introduced some out-of-the-box features.
The solutions mentioned above are just a summarized version. The detailed version of every aspect of the migration—from Zendesk to Salesforce Service Cloud—is what we have covered in our Strategy Guide. Download it here.
Looking to migrate to Salesforce or need any help related to Salesforce? Contact Us.
Popular Blog Posts
Got a Query? Ask Away!
Thanks for reaching out to us. We will get in touch with you shortly.