Top 10 Tips You Can Follow to Boost the Conversion Rate of Your eCommerce Website
Most eCommerce store owners struggle to boost the conversion rate of their stores. In a market that’s oversaturated, how do you stand out?
eCommerce conversion is not a simple a = b equation. It takes a combination of multiple factors to take your conversion rate up a notch.
What counts as a conversion? Let’s take a look at different types of conversions that occur on an eCommerce website:
How can you improve the conversion rate of your eCommerce website?
A good strategy to improve your conversion rate consists of several small components that create a major impact when combined in the right manner.
In the following lines, we will take a look at some useful tips that can help you boost the conversion rate for your eCommerce website:
- Page Load Speeds: If you snooze, you lose. Fast loading pages help boost conversion rates. Even a delay of one second can reduce conversions to a volume of 7%. Users today do not like to wait and have short attention spans. If your store is slow, they will lose interest and explore other eCommerce websites.
You can use accelerated mobile pages to optimize your website for speed. Remember, lightning-fast speeds generate more conversions and also improve your search engine rankings.
- Inbound Marketing: Draw your potential customers to your store by creating relevant content. Identify their pain points and help them find answers to their queries. Having a business blog is a great way to start and can be a very useful marketing tool if done right.
People can share information and experiences on your blog, giving you the required inputs to improve your marketing efforts. Sell your products and services by linking them to your blogs and see the conversion rate skyrocket.
- Simple Checkout Process: Streamlining the checkout process can help you facilitate a customer’s decision to buy a product. A complicated checkout process will lead to cart abandonment. You can boost conversion rates and reduce cart abandonment by having an uncomplicated checkout process.
You can also reduce the cart abandonment rate by following up with customers if they have entered their email as a part of the checkout process.
- Call-to-Action (CTA): Having an effective CTA is just as important as quality content. You can increase the conversion rate by placing different CTA buttons across your website, social media pages, and blogs.
Use colors that make a positive impact on the customer’s mind. Also, do not make the CTA button too big as it can have an adverse effect. These buttons can be used in emails as well, thereby increasing the chances of a conversion.
- Chatbots: A chatbot can increase your conversion manifolds. Most users feel that they are talking to an actual person when they interact with a well-developed chatbot. You can also redirect your customers to relevant products in your store in a matter of seconds using a chatbot, making it a great investment.
- Site Optimization and Navigation: A well-optimized website can boost sales and increase conversion rates substantially. Website design plays a huge role in its optimization and you can influence visitors’ buying decisions using well-designed landing pages.
Also, have a clean, and uncluttered layout and structure your products in clear categories to make website navigation easier. If you have a complicated structure, visitors will lose interest and leave for good.
- Effective Marketing: Another way to boost conversions rates is to have a strong online marketing strategy. You can use Google Ads, YouTube, Facebook Advertising, PPC and more. Additionally, build up a strong social media presence on popular platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to attract more customers and increase the number of followers.
Create and post engaging content and start conversations with your potential customers on social media, touch their pain points, answer their questions and empathize with them to increase the chances of boosting the conversion rate.
- Reviews and Testimonials: Every customer looks at reviews before making a purchase decision. Address negative reviews and resolve customers’ issues to keep positive reviews up.
Nothing beats word-of-mouth marketing. Even today, if a person recommends a product to his friends, there is a high chance that they will buy it. Add pictures of your happy customers and include their testimonials on your websites. Additionally, you can also click professional pictures for them and let them use it on social media platforms.
- Easy Returns: Create an easy return policy for your customers. Never make false-commitments and don’t over-promise, but make sure that you make this process as easy as possible (with fair reasons from customers).
- Deals and Discounts: Almost every eCommerce store provides a section where customers can enter promo codes to avail certain benefits. You can either place a box on your website or you can create a page with deals and discounts. Offer customers value for money and they will be persuaded to make a purchase from your store.
You can also add a sense of urgency with these deals by displaying a limited number of units of specific products. When an item seems scarce, conversation rates can go up by 300%. Also, adding a countdown timer – as the offer expires in 10 minutes and 34 seconds – can create a rush that leads to an increased conversion rate.
To Wrap Up
If you want to improve your conversion rate then don’t settle for less, always keep aiming higher. Make yourself accessible by displaying a number or email on your eCommerce website. Customers feel comfortable when they are able to talk to or connect with a business. This can work as a long-term strategy to boost conversion rates.
Want to create an eCommerce store or increase your conversion rate?