The Visualforce framework is a tried and true model with a robust set of tags. However, with Lightning, Salesforce offers a user-friendly, mobile-first experience along with an intuitive design. According to Salesforce, owing to its interactive and highly immersive experience, half of the total 9000 communities are Lightning based.
If you think now is the time to bid adieu to Visualforce and welcome Lightning, this blog will answer all your questions.
How is Lightning different from Visualforce?
- Lightning is app-centric while Visualforce is a page-centric model
- Lightning’s UI is generated on client-side while Visualforce is generated on server-side
- Lightning is component based framework while Visualforce is MVC based
Why should you choose Lightning?
- Quick to create
- Easy to handle
- Component reusability
- A scalable solution with smooth design and development
- Low cost of ownership with no additional licensing fee
- Perfect balance between out-of-the-box and customizable UX
- Profile based access to pages
What are some Lightning only features?
- Lightning Sync
- Account News
- Google Interaction
- Enhanced Notes
- Activity Timeline
- Performance Chat
What are the challenges associated with Lightning?
- Random errors like cmp. isValid (), toJson (), etc. while switching from Classic to Lightning
- Certain tags in VF pages can make Lightning Experience UI unresponsive
- Unavailability of some features make customers assess the trade-offs
Lightning is the future of Salesforce technology as it lets you create components and apps lightning fast. These components can be used by other Lightning apps and also provide a unified experience across all platforms such as Mobile devices, desktop browsers and tablets.
Is Your Community Lightning Ready?
POPULAR BLOG POSTS