Salesforce1 is a mobile app development platform that provides ISVs, developers, administrators, and every Salesforce user the liberty to innovate. Salesforce Lightning is the next-gen extension (PAAS) of the Salesforce1 Platform – It gives a component framework and a new set of tools to build apps, integrate data, and automate business processes at a lightning fast pace.
All about Salesforce Lightning
Designing an app compatible with diverse devices and interfaces is arduous. To simplify this concern, Salesforce Lightning provides a standardized set of point & click and code-free tools for developers to build apps on the Salesforce1 platform, with usability across Service, Community, Marketing, Sales and Analytics Clouds.
Tools in Salesforce Lightning
What is Lightning Connect?
“Salesforce1 Lightning Connect is the fastest way to integrate any data into Salesforce,”
said Mike Rosenbaum, Ex. VP and GM of the Salesforce1 Platform. Be it information copying, manual file loading, data migration or service bus streaming, Lightning Connect establishes connections with existing applications and data sources just in a few clicks.
- Integrate external data code-free
- Build custom apps with external data in Visualforce and Apex code
- Integrate data faster
- Integrate data in real-time making it more extensible
What are Lightning Components?
Lightning Component is Salesforce’s new framework for building dynamic single-page user interfaces, capable of functioning on phones, tablets, and desktop. Salesforce1 Mobile app was too developed with Lightning Components. Salesforce has now introduced this framework to developers and admins, so that they can build their own components and applications that can be used in the Salesforce1 Mobile app.
- Uses an event-driven architecture for better decoupling between components
- Optimizes apps for different devices
- Enables parallel design, improving development efficiency
Supports cross browser compatibility including HTML5, CSS3 and touch events[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
Image Credits: SFDC, itworldcanada.com
What is Lightning App Builder?
Building powerful enterprise applications without writing extensive codes has been easy with Force.com platform. Taking it a step further, the new Lightning App Builder helps developers and business managers build beautiful custom UIs for their Force.com applications that are fully responsive to all desktops, tabs, mobiles and wearable devices.
- Visually create apps with drag-and-drop components
- Create beautiful and multiple device friendly UIs for Salesforce1 Apps
- Use standard, custom and AppExchange Lightning Components
- Use schema builder to adjust underlying data model of the app without any programming
What is Lightning Process Builder?
Lightning Process Builder is Salesforce’s workflow and process automation tool to build complex workflows and achieve complete process automation, just with a few clicks and without writing those lengthy Apex codes![/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
Image Credits: SFDC
- Create a process in one place instead of multiple workflow rule
- Collaborate easily with different teams
- Update multiple records in just a few clicks
- Post to salesforce chatter
- Trigger a headless flow
- Call a publisher action
- Do simple field updates
- Automate Email Alerts
- Create Tasks
- Send outbound messages, and more!
What is Lightning Schema Builder?
Lightning Schema Builder is a UI tools that helps in visualization and extension of the data model in real time. New custom objects, fields, and relationships can now be quickly added to your schema. Track how the objects are interlinked with each other through master-detail and lookup relationships.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
Image Credits: SFDC, systempartners.com
- Add/remove objects quickly
- Revamp the data model without writing any complicated codes
- Visualize and extend data model in real time
- View details of field values, required fields, and connection of objects via lookup and master-detail relationships
What is Lightning Community Builder/Designer?
Similar to Community Designer, Lightning Community Builder empowers to build, publish, and maintain both public and private communities that help you connect with your partners and customers, through ready to use tools and templates.
- Create branded communities that work on any device with the visual designer
- Deploy communities faster with convenient tools and templates
- Integrate content, data, and business processes quickly inside communities
- Use built-in analytics that makes community management, tracking activity, and decision making easy
Salesforce Lightning Updates
Lightning can be described as the next version of Force.com that gets the power of turning any idea into an app without lines of codes! Lightning not only saves hours of development but also removes dependency on developers to quick start apps, processes and communities. While the approaching Spring ’15 Release covers changes and updates in all the Lightning tools making those generally available, App Builder remains in Pilot version, and Components remain in Beta version.
Make the most of all the updates
At GrazittiTM, our certified Salesforce experts have provided award-winning customized and cutting-edge solutions to help companies like Marketo, Ping Identity, Centrify, Alteryx, and many more make the most of Salesforce – the best in class CRM Solution. Our services include:
- Integration and Migration
- QuickStart Communities
- SFDC Development using APIs and web services
- AppExchange Product Development
- Support and Maintenance
Click here to let us be at your help.
Disclaimer: Salesforce, Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Community Cloud, Analytics Cloud, Salesforce1, Salesforce Lightning, Community Designer/Builder, App Builder, Schema Builder, Components, Connect, etc. are all trademarks of Salesforce.com Inc.
Popular Blog Posts
Visualforce vs Lightning: Simplified and Demystified
10 Best Practices for Managing Salesforce Knowledge
How to integrate Salesforce and NetSuite effectively, affordably
Leverage Salesforce to Manage Multiple Vendors from One Place
Optimize Custom Codes with SOQL Queries