Today, nothing is more important than your business’ online presence. It is a major source of revenue and is a great way to attract new customers, retain old ones and keep the business afloat.
Leveraging digital content sources like documents, images, infographics, videos, and apps is a great way to keep your customers informed and maintain strong relationships with partners, stakeholders, and vendors.
In this blog post, we will take a look at the factors that make Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) the preferred content management system (CMS) among enterprise users.
But before we delve into the details, let’s have a quick recap about Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
What is Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)?
AEM is a CMS offered by one of the globally renowned content management suites. This tool enables easy and dynamic digital asset management with document management solutions, social engagement options, community connection portals, and means to manage user-generated content.
Creative teams can use AEM as a central workstation and streamline their present work processes seamlessly. It also allows teams to work together in harmony from different locations and deliver attractive media to users across different channels.
Now that we have a clear idea about what AEM is, we will take a look at why it is an important tool in the digital world.
The biggest perk of AEM is that it simplifies the management and delivery of a website’s content. It comes loaded with five modules—Sites, Assets, Mobile, Forms, and Community—which together make it a top-notch CMS platform to create and deliver high-traffic websites, forms, and mobile applications.
Here is a quick look at these modules:
Build and manage sites that rock a responsive design from a single platform. Manage multiple websites in different languages while operating from a centralized location.
Optimize shopping carts and deliver a virtual experience on different devices with the option of managing and launching marketing campaigns from a single location.
AEM allows you to create custom variations of your assets which can be integrated with Creative Cloud to create the best workflows.
Additionally, it allows asset management from Cloud, delivers personalized experiences and automatically assigns metadata and tags for all assets.
Use the mono-code base to create apps that can be delivered on multiple platforms. In-built analytics allows quick analysis of the app performance and allows you to review metrics and change the content from a single dashboard.
Get easy to access forms that deliver the best user experience based on their location and device. This allows a more engaging way of form completion.
You can come up with automated workflows that can merge data with the existing system. Adobe Analytics provides insights to capture user experience and measure the effectiveness of targeted campaigns.
Communities allow you to interact with developers and customers on a common platform. This enables optimized engagement via content recommendations in the communities.
These modules make AEM a leading CMS for enterprise customers and add to their convenience by integrating the important functions of content management and digital marketing on a single platform.
What are the key benefits delivered by AEM?
We have already discussed the versatility of AEM in the points above. Now let’s take a look at some major benefits that AEM offers:
1. Built-in DAM: AEM’s Digital Asset Management (DAM) allows you to store your content and manage your visual assets on cloud, enabling your teams to access project files from multiple locations. This central storage improves work efficiency to a great extent.
2. Creative Cloud Integration: The perfect way to bridge the marketing and DAM sides of your business. You get simplified workflows and can deliver high-quality content that is in sync with your company’s identity.
3. Improved Search: AEM enables you to add metadata and tags to files uploaded in the cloud to allow easy access to the media. You spend less time looking for the correct media and it makes future searches faster and improves the team’s efficiency.
4. Better Task Management: AEM offers individual workspaces for different projects and keeps the dashboard free from clutter. With every member having an assigned role in the structure, they can work in harmony among different groups. Features like comments and annotations help in providing feedback, making for a better workflow.
5. Visual Media Conversion: The tool automatically converts your files into different formats to engage audiences across different platforms and channels.
6. Efficient Video Management: You can use AEM to showcase your products using a variety of videos on multiple screens. This drives engagement, leverages the customer’s experiences and improves brand loyalty. Thanks to the insights and analytics that the tool offers, you can understand visitor behavior and manage content accordingly.
7. Personalized Content: AEM provides you with a platform to deliver media content that oozes your brand’s personality. You can offer tailor-made solutions to your customers and deliver a consistent brand experience.
Marketing is more than just creating customer experience on the web. You should be able to observe analytics, create effective campaigns and target the right audience consistently.
While you can find different tools to make things work, this approach will certainly be more difficult for you. Integrations between different tools are difficult to create and that is why you need a solution that can integrate multiple tools in one.
AEM is the perfect solution to your concerns. It is a part of the Adobe Marketing Cloud and is in sync with Adobe’s approach of intertwining all marketing efforts. AEM can be integrated with the products in Adobe Marketing Cloud from the get-go.
You can use a wide range of connectors like the AEM – Marketo Connector, to integrate AEM with a wide range of third-party tools and products making it a versatile and powerful tool.
To Wrap Up
AEM has been at the top of multiple research reports as a Web Content Management solution for enterprises. And since it is a part of the Adobe Marketing Cloud, AEM is a one-stop solution to establish your business’ online presence.
AEM is a robust tool that has the potential for some really interesting third-party integrations. One of the most sought after AEM integration is with Marketo.
You can seamlessly integrate AEM with Marketo and leverage a number of interesting features to improve user experience on your website.
Want to know how AEM can help you align marketing and sales goals with your overall business goals? Let’s talk!