Learning today has majorly turned into eLearning. As a result, educational institutions need to survive and thrive in the online sphere.
So, if you are in this business, it is now crucial for you to invest in a high-performing education website with a robust content management system to deliver the best possible user experience.
And Drupal might just be the right solution!
In this blog post, we’ll discuss why Drupal is the right CMS choice to build a feature-rich, flexible, and secure eLearning website.
Ready? Let’s get started!
Features of Educational Websites
Before you decide to build an educational website, it’s important to understand the key features it must have. So, let’s take a look.
- Self-Registration: A self-registration portal allows students to enroll themselves in the course(s) of their choice on your website. Hence, it enables ease of access and promotes faster registrations.
- Online Course Catalogs: Online course catalogs offer students a variety of study resources to choose from. They can examine and buy any relevant course material effortlessly through these catalogs.
- Assessment Tools: Assessment tools help you track your students’ data to analyze their overall performance and interests. Additionally, the data collected can be used to offer relevant course recommendations.
- Dashboards: Dashboards enable students, parents, and teachers to efficiently analyze progress by offering useful insights like the number of courses enrolled, completion status, test reports, and more.
- Database Management: The student information management system maintains the records of tests, attendance, and performance-related activities which are essential to generate the student’s reports for the academic period.
- Forums: Forums help students discuss their queries, courses, and assignments with their fellow students and teachers. This facilitates better engagement and drives communication and collaboration among students and teacher(s).
Why Choose Drupal for Educational Websites?
Drupal is an open-source content management system that hosts over 70% of the top higher educational institutions’ websites. It offers a flexible environment that facilitates the delivery of seamless user experiences to attract and engage students. Here are some of the reasons that make Drupal an ideal platform for educational websites:
Drupal comes with multilingual capabilities. It offers around 110+ languages to build a website. This helps broaden the target audience of your educational institution regardless of its geographical location.
If your eLearning business’s target audience includes international students, Drupal helps you cater to them effectively by eliminating language barriers.
One of the important features offered by Drupal is access control. Using this feature, administrators can permit some people to access the website as admins. You can even use it to assign permissions to faculty and students to avoid doing it manually.
In addition, access control also helps you easily transfer task responsibilities such as creating, managing, and editing content among team members, thus, promoting effective collaboration.
For educational websites, Drupal provides plenty of workflow modules to easily create and manage the publication process.
These modules allow you to have control over every content operation, for instance you will be notified to complete your tasks (like editing) at each step. This control helps in the easy flow of tasks and keeps the project moving smoothly.
BigBlueButton API, Course, Quiz, Opigno LMS are some of Drupal’s e-learning distributions and modules.
Whether a website is educational or not, security should be top priority. And as an owner of an educational institution, you are responsible to safeguard your students’ personal information and maintain confidentiality.
Drupal CMS offers you a mechanism to protect your users’ data on educational websites. Its security team is dedicated to identifying and analyzing any potential risks and offering security patches and updates regularly. This is the reason why eLearning websites built on Drupal are hard to breach or hack.
In the present era, users prefer smartphones over other devices. Thus, making it paramount for you to build a responsive educational portal to enhance user experience on different channels.
Drupal can help you build a responsive design for your educational website that can be easily adapted to evolving user patterns of smartphones.
An educational portal has multiple users, including students, parents, and teachers. Thus, you need a website with multi-site functionality. And when it comes to building such a site, Drupal is one of the best options.
Drupal allows you to give role-based ownership and control to different departments. It also reduces administrative overhead from the IT department.
A majority of educational websites ask for email authentication to ensure secure logins. However, this is not the case with Drupal web development services as it ensures secure logins through its single sign-on feature.
Drupal content management system uses CAS and LDAP that enable easy and secure single sign-on for educational websites. This feature offers a secure environment for users who are logging in to the website to access resources and services.
Top Educational Websites Built On Drupal
Owing to the above-listed advantages of Drupal, many notable educational institutions have built their eLearning website on it, including:
- Rutgers University
- Georgia Tech Professional Education
- George Washington University
- University of Minnesota
- University of Oxford
- University of Colorado
Being the preferred CMS choice of 7 out of 10 universities, Drupal is undoubtedly the leading education content management system worldwide. Its various features combined with the innovative Drupal ecosystem make it an excellent bet to build exceptional, future-oriented, and profitable eLearning websites.
Want to Build Your Educational Website on Drupal? Contact Us!
Popular Blog Posts