“Content is the atomic particle of all digital marketing” – Rebecca Lieb
Everyday, the internet is brimming with different variations of answers to a plethora of questions that savvy users have. To feed this hunger for information, marketers are leaving no stones unturned.
However, with a sea of freely accessible content available, generic content no longer appeals to the informed customers.
Users are not looking for basic information, they are in search of specific, bite-sized chunks of content that is easy to understand and resolves their queries almost instantly. This is where custom content comes into play!
Custom content is the key for brands to achieve marketing nirvana and curate delightful personalized experiences for their users. Not only does it promise customer retention, but it can also be an ideal medium to nurture leads and convert them into customers.
But how do you leverage custom content marketing? Let’s find out!
What is Custom Content?
Custom content can be defined as the curation of ‘branded content’ for your customers. The main purpose of creating custom content is to communicate with your clients in a more personalized way.
Custom content sets you apart from your competition. It allows you to answer specific user questions in a unique way that resonates with your audience. It is a powerful marketing tool that is used to engage with your existing customers and retain them.
Custom content can be presented in the form of blog posts, social posts, E-newsletters, case studies, ebooks, whitepapers, videos, webinars, and more.
Difference Between Content Marketing and Custom Content
The foundation of both custom content and content marketing is unique content for your end-users. However, there’s a small catch that differentiates both terms.
Custom content is curated with the notion of keeping your existing customers engaged. It does not focus on attracting new customers but on retaining your existing customer base.
On the other hand, the objective of content marketing is to engage with new as well as existing users at every stage of the sales cycle. Besides, the aim is to boost SEO rankings and create a digital presence for better discoverability.
Custom content uses a unique brand voice and is designed specifically for your existing audience. This separates you from your competitors.
Custom content aims at:
- Strengthening a brand’s image
- Qualifying a brand as an industry expert
- Cutting competition with unique content
- Highlighting the USPs of a brand’s products and services
- Generating strong and loyal brand advocates
5 Reasons to Incorporate Custom Content into Your Marketing Arsenal
Content acts as a catalyst for marketing success. But with cut-throat competition between brands today, it has become difficult to create a unique identity for themselves and differentiate from their rivals.
However, a lot can happen with custom content creation. Here are 4 reasons to incorporate custom content in your marketing arsenal:
1. It Sets You Apart From Your Competition: Competition is stimulating in today’s digital age. To position your brand in the market, it is essential to invest time, resources, and efforts to curate content that’s unique and unbeatable. The content that you generate should appeal to your target audience and get them talking about your products/services. While producing custom content, ensure that you maintain your brand voice and are consistent with the quality standards.
2. It Helps You to Build a Powerful Social Presence: Social is an extensively used medium to garner the attention of potential visitors and users. It serves as an excellent platform to generate brand awareness and market your content to a niche audience. Yes, custom content is ideal for retaining your existing customer base, but it is also a great channel for effective lead generation, nurturing, and conversion.
3. It Assists Customers in Their Buying Journey: Statistics state that 90% percent of users find custom content more useful, while 78% believe that businesses delivering custom content are interested in building good relationships with them. This highlights the fact that the majority of consumers are scouring the internet with queries that solve their problems. And your custom content should be able to do that for them.
4. It Enables You to Target Specific User Problems: By delivering tailor-made content that provides solutions to specific problems, you personify your brand as one that is helpful and trustworthy. You can do this by incorporating FAQs or preparing an industry guide that answers the common problems of your users.
5. It Serves as a Link Between Your Customers and Your End-Goals: Your marketing strategy alone is not enough to win your customers and prevent them from turning their backs on you. Having custom content at your disposal is what will reap you repeat business.
Be sure to never lose sight of what your customers’ pain points are, what interests them, what enhancements do they wish to see, and what their buying behavior is. Also, closely study your competitors and see how they’re playing with their custom content to keep their users hooked.
Generic content that does not offer specific value to customers is not enough to boost engagement, drive traffic, and generate leads. Brands must go the extra mile and curate custom content that speaks with customers and helps them see how your products and services can impact their lives in a positive way.
Having a solid marketing strategy in your corner is imperative to reap the benefits of custom content. There’s no point in curating unique content pieces that address your customers’ needs specifically unless they’re actually reading it. Just make sure that your customers feel loved and heard with your custom content, and you’d be good to go.
Wish to deliver personalized user experiences through custom content? Talk to us!
Popular Blog Posts
Got a Query? Ask Away!
Thanks for reaching out to us. We will get in touch with you shortly.