According to 54% of marketers, whenever their company moves a process into Salesforce, the process improves, says The State of Salesforce, a report by Bluewolf.
This speaks volumes about why businesses move to Salesforce. One such scenario is moving from Zendesk to Salesforce.
Expanding user account, customizability, etc, are just a few of the reasons for the move. For more details on reasons and challenges in migrating from Zendesk to Salesforce, read our blog post here.
Since both Zendesk and Salesforce are two different platforms, so is their data structure, which is why moving data is the trickiest part of the process. There are two scenarios where most users require data syncing from Zendesk to Salesforce Knowledge:
1. When an organization is using Salesforce Knowledge as a centralized knowledge-base and has a Zendesk knowledge-base as well.
2. When an organization is using a Zendesk knowledge-base but planning to move to Salesforce Knowledge thus, requiring to move data from Zendesk to Salesforce.
Based upon the data size, the manual ETL process to move data could take from a few weeks to a few months. Let’s walk you through some of the key challenges that lie in the process.
1. Retaining articles in Salesforce as they were in Zendesk. For instance, If the article was in Drafts, then it should be put under Drafts in Salesforce as well.
2. Adding articles in the same language as they were in Zendesk to avoid any discrepancies. This is important from the point of view of the users coming in from different parts of the world.
3. Syncing user data from Zendesk to Salesforce when adding followers for Articles.
4. Mapping categories and subcategories of Zendesk with Salesforce to avoid any ambiguity in locating the articles after data syncing.
5. Preventing the breakage of the article links by converting the ones in Zendesk into the Salesforce-complaint ones.
6. Fetching the translations of all the articles from Zendesk and incorporating them ‘as is’ in Salesforce Knowledge.
7. Deleting articles from the old Record Type and saving them with a new one as selected during Category Mapping in case changing the Record Type,.
8. Making the product process dynamic and linear to make it easier for future updates.
9. Syncing articles and data from Zendesk to Salesforce Knowledge from time to time. It is a very time-consuming process that must be performed regularly.
10. Another major challenge is that of an Article’s Voting due to limitations in the field’s dependency.
So, whether you integrate these platforms or migrate from Zendesk to Salesforce Knowledge, these challenges may act as roadblocks in the synchronization of data. This calls for a connecting force that can establish a thorough connection between both the knowledge-bases.
Is there a solution?
To enable hassle-free syncing of data between both the instances, Zendesk and Salesforce Knowledge Connector is what you need. It enables automatic, scheduled, and real-time syncing of all articles from Zendesk KB to Salesforce. Besides easy mapping of data types to ensure consistency and transparency, it also saves time and manual efforts in managing data.
When hassle-free data management is in question, our Zendesk Knowledge-Base and Salesforce Knowledge Connector is the answer.
Want to know more about the connector? Visit here.
Popular Blog Posts
Seamlessly Integrate Salesforce Service Cloud and Jira
Personalization is the Key to Increasing User Engagement and Conversion Rate
Email to Case Advance: The Panacea to All Salesforce Email-to-Case Issues
Marketing Experiences a New Level of High as AEM Connects with Marketo
8 Reasons Why Now is the Best Time to Upgrade to Magento 2 from Magento 1
Lithium Salesforce Case Connector – Enhancing Salesforce’s Case Management Capabilities