Last week I posted on how you can cleanse and de-dupe the existing records in Marketo, in which I discussed how this solution removes the poor quality data from your Marketo instance and gives you a cleaner lead database. Today, in this post, I’ll cover some of the lead de-dupe scenarios, on the basis of which the leads are merged in Marketo, although these scenarios can be custom built per your requirements.
Some of the De-dupe Scenarios
Some of the Frequently Asked Questions
- What types of merging does Grazitti’s De-dupe solution offer?
There are three ways you can merge records – a) manual merge allows you to view the duplicates side-by-side and merge them accordingly; b) mass merge allows you to select multiple groups and merge them; and auto merge merges all the duplicates in a filter automatically based on the user settings.
- Does Grazitti’s De-dupe solution work with my custom fields?
Yes, our de-dupe solution works with all custom and standard fields.
- If duplicate records are merged in Marketo, will these records be merged in Salesforce too?
We have updated settings in our de-dupe system, which don’t let records get merged in Salesforce. If there are two duplicate records in SFDC, both of them will be in Marketo as well due to the bi-directional sync. In this case, they will be merged in Marketo only.
- For all the above scenarios, will there be a different process and smart campaign to be followed or all will flow through one common smart campaign?
Grazitti will set up all the above scenarios in a single program through 3-4 smart campaigns.
- Does Grazitti’s De-dupe solution store my data? How secure is it?Customer privacy and security are very critical to us. Customer information is neither stored nor cached. Grazitti has no access to customer Marketo data or any other data that Grazitti reports.
- Why do I need Grazitti De-dupe solution on a continual basis?
If your business is growing, your data is changing too. For a clean and well-maintained database, a basic one-time scan is not enough, you need on-going maintenance. Cleaning your database regularly helps you implement effective sales and marketing strategies. On the other hand, not cleaning your database can lead to piling up of stale information.
- Will we have to come to Grazitti every time to merge these records?
There are two pricing models for de-dupe:
- One-time Dedupe: $2000
- Real-time Dedupe: $999 per year after we run the batch de-dupe.
- Can we also retain all the activity history, campaign history, and lead history data in SFDC when we merge lead and/or contact records together?
All the details will be retained in Marketo. After merging records in Marketo, if we decide to merge the records in SFDC as well, all the history details will be retained.
Get a free report on the state of your data and see how Grazitti’s de-dupe solution can cleanse your records. Test drive Grazitti’s de-dupe solution for 10 days!